Chapter Twenty Three

_____________________

 "So it's been a month and half... Summer is nearly over." Justin sighed as he threw sand on his feet. "I feel like we haven't done anything but be beach bums."

"Hey!" I scolded playfully, "Beach bums are cool, besides what did you want to do all summer?"

"Hang out with a really cute girl." He smirked.

"Shut up." I laughed nervously, how do you turn down such a sweet guy like Justin?

"Dude." Harry rushed up to us a gigantic grin on his face, "You won't believe what I heard down the beach."

"What?" Justin became excited instantly and I bit back a smile, his excitement was infectious.

"There is a magazine shoot down a few miles. Models everywhere, you in?"

"Definitely." Justin smiled, standing up quickly before he turned back around to face me. "You don't mind, right?"

I shook my head with a laugh, "Of course not."

"See you later Lucy." Harry laughed while trying to catch up with a fast paced Justin, who was already halfway down the beach.

I leaned back on the towel and let the sun's rays cover my skin. It was peaceful being alone, except for the fact that the beach was full of people but none of them bothered me. Well I guess one did.

"Hey babe." Andy's voice caused me to tense. I sat up and grabbed my t-shirt, slipping it over my bathing suit I glared at the boy next to me. "You busy?"

"Actually, I am. Alex was supposed to meet me.." I began and Andy snorted.

"Alex?" He shook his head. "Alex isn't worth your time honey. Come back to me and I'll forget all this fooling around with my baby bro."

I folded my arms across my chest and faced him with a death glare. "Alex is an amazing guy. He cares about me, he knows things that I've never told anyone. Not even you. I trust Alex. Completely."

Andy's fist clenched in his lap, "He cares?" He spat, "He's tortured you for years, he hates you! You're so blinded by your 'love' for him you can't see that he's playing you! He's a horrible guy, he'd cheat on you just like I did."

"Stop." I turned away from him and felt him move closer.

"You know it's true, no one will love you." He whispered in my ear. I felt my tears building in my eyes and I turned away. "You don't get to be happy if it's not with me."

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?" Alex appeared behind me, I felt my shoulders relax all too soon because Andy brushed my hair behind my ear and I looked over at him while he smirked.

"You're unlovable Lucy." He leaned in closer so only I could hear, "Believe me, I know." He winked before he stood up and smiled at Alex. "Just so you know, she's knows the truth. So you can stop playing your game, she's mine. She always will be."

"Oh Lucy," Andy turned around before walking away, "Let him down gently. Or not." He shrugged, "See you tonight."

Alex sat down beside me, his body rigid. We sat in silence and I started to cry silently as I looked into the ocean. I was unlovable.

"I hate him." I groaned in frustration after the silence became too much. "He's playing both of us. He's trying to get us to hate each other, he's trying to hurt us."