Chapter Two

Chapter Two

_____________

“Turn off the music!” Sydney groaned as the music got louder. Screaming came from the speakers and Alex had a smirk on his face.

“My car, my music.” He called over the music.

“I’m not listening to this all the way! Is this even music?” She groaned, covering her ears.

“Yes.” He glared, “Besides everyone else likes it but you.”

She shook her head, “Naw uh. Lucy, tell him.”

I sighed meeting Alex’s eyes in the mirror before turning to Syd. “We’ve only been on the road for a hour. Can we not fight?”

“Not fight?” She squealed. “This ‘music’ is annoying.” She used air quotes to elaborate.

“It’s not so bad.” Harry shrugged.

“I’m riding with weirdos.” She groaned.

Alex pulled off the road and into a gas station before slamming on the breaks. “I’m hungry.” He muttered, slamming the door as he got out. Syd sighed and opened the door and got out as well and everyone followed.

As a stepped into the convenience store the bell rang out above me. I noticed the cashier look over in surprise, clearly they didn’t get a lot of business here.

I gave him a small smile before going up to Justin. “Well that was awkward in the car.” He smiled down at me.

“Yeah.” I agreed. “But I’m glad he stopped. I’m starving.”

He laughed, “I know! I didn’t know how much longer I could stay in that car without something to eat.”

“Gummy worms or Bears?” He asked picking up the giant bags. I sighed, this was a tough one.

“Or sour gummies?” I questioned and his eyes lit up.

“How about I buy regular, you buy sour and we share.”

I grinned, “That’s perfect! You’re a genius!”

“That’s the first time anyone has said that to him.” Alex muttered coming up next to us. Justin glared at him, shoving him in the shoulder causing me to giggle. “Just get your shit, we’ve got to get back on the road.” Alex glared at me.

What did I do? Sighing I took the sour gummies before grabbing a water and paying. Hopping back into the van I was feeling better. Whatever Alex was doing didn’t concern me, I was over him. Period. I had a boyfriend, his brother no less.