Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

_____________________

Watching as Alex glared at Justin and Harry I found myself laughing. We were down on the pier, deciding which ride we wanted to ride first when they started shoving and pushing their way through the crowd.

Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side. It was nice now that the everyone knew that we were a thing. After the whole Sydney/Andy incident the guys found out about the two of us and they decided to stick with us for the rest of the time, effectively leaving out Sydney.

It wasn't like she didn't mind either, every time I've seen her she was cuddled up with Andy or surrounded by a group of guys I've never seen before.

Squeezing our connected hands I pulled him over to a rollercoaster that looked pretty cool. "Come on." I laughed when he fought me on getting into the unusually short line. "Don't tell me you're afraid of rollercoasters."

He rolled his eyes, "Of course not." He sighed and looked up at the tall track built hill. "I just..ate and I'm not sure this is the best thing after such a large meal."

"Dude you had a funnel cake." Justin grinned as Harry laughed. "I'll go with you Lucy, if your boyfriend isn't up to it."

Giving Justin a smile I looked to Alex again, he looked pale as he watched the car climb the steep hill. "It's okay Alex. I'll go with Justin." I squeezed his hand again.

"What?" He looked over at me, his eyes a little unfocused. "Oh, no I'm fine."

"No you're not Alex." I gave him a reassuring smile. "I don't want to force you to do something you're not comfortable with."

"I'm going." He spoke defiantly with little room for discussion as he pulled me over to the line, Harry and Justin following behind us. I could hear them laughing but I couldn't look away from Alex, he was getting paler the closer we got. I honestly felt horrible for suggesting this ride.

"Alex." I whispered, "We don't have to go on this ride, I swear it's okay."

He shook his head, "I want to Lucy."

I turned to Harry and Justin, glaring as they were making fun of Alex's fear, quite loudly might I add. I didn't think Alex was afraid of anything to be honest with you. It was nice to see that he wasn't a robot though.

As our turn approached Alex fidgeted more, his palm becoming clammy in mine. I brought his hand up to my lips and gave him a delicate kiss. He turned to me and I could see his eyes light up for a second before the gate opened for us to climb into our cart.

He closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath as the ride jerked to a start. "Alex." I muttered as the chains clattered on our climb to the top.

"Yeah?" He asked keeping his eyes tightly shut as he spoke.

"I love you." I whispered.

His lips twitched into a smile and then we were going over the hill. Alex screamed loudly as his eyes flew open, I watched as his terrified face turned to one of mild laughter. I giggled as he screamed while going around a curve at a fast pace and then flying into a another hill.

As the ride came to a stop I was still staring at Alex, who was giving me a grin of his own. "I love you too." Alex laughed unbuckling his seatbelt and following me into the exit line.

"How'd our Alex love the ride?" Justin laughed as he came up behind us but his smile faltered a little when he noticed the giant grin plastered on Alex's face.