Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

__________________

"I- um." Alex stuttered, I'd never seen him like this in all the time that I knew him. He always knew what to say. But flustered Alex was adorable.

"You don't need to tell me Alex, it's okay." I grinned, squeezing his hand. It felt nice to be holding his strong hand, it felt..right.

"Andy's been telling me I wasn't good enough since I was born." He sighed, bring our hands in front of him so he could study them. "I knew I wasn't ever going to be as good as him and I accepted it. My parents don't care because I don't do what Andy does."

It wasn't true. Alex's mom asked me about him all the time, asking if he was okay. Asking if he was happy. She told me that he was pushing her away and now I had a feeling Andy had some part in this.

"Once he found out I liked you he told me that I had to pick on you so you'd notice me, I was in kindergarten so I believed him. After I realized it wasn't what I was suppose to be doing it was too late and acting like I hated you was easier."

His hand gripped mine as he glared at the wall, "Once he started to show interest in you, I lost it. You were supposed to be mine." He shook his head, his cheeks tinted red in embarrassment. "I hated every second you were with him." He whispered looking over at me, his eyes soft. "Do you really like me?" He asked in disbelief.

I nodded, grinning widely. "Yeah, Alex I like you." I leaned on his shoulder and smiled. He put on this tough guy exterior but right now, he was vulnerable and insecure. I loved him even more, if that was even possible.

"How do I know that this isn't a joke?" He whispered after a minute.

Sighing I stood up and released his hand. I walked over to my sketchbook and flipped to the first page, when I turned around to face him Alex was staring at me, hopeful.

I held out the book, "I don't just draw scenery like I told the others."

He flipped through the pages and stared at me after the first few that were just different angles of his beautiful face. I blushed and he set the book down at his side, grabbing my wrist he pulled me to his chest. I was standing between his legs as he sat on the edge of the bed and he smirked while I looked down at him.

"You are amazing." He sighed in content bring his lips back to mine. I'd never actually seen Alex initiate a kiss with anyone but me and I squealed in my head with that thought in mind.

____

"He's got a black eye." I gaped with Alex sitting next to me as I drew the beach and ocean again. Andy was playing soccer with Tessa and I saw Alex smirk from the corner of my eye.

"He got a black eye from a chick." He laughed.

Rolling my eyes I shaded the waters again. "I wish he'd stop looking at you." Alex growled as he ran his fingertips on my leg.

I laughed and kicked his hand away, "That tickles."

He smirked, "Good to know." His fingers were back on my leg and I giggled again.

"Hey!" Sydney laughed as I tucked my legs underneath me. "When the hell did the douche get here?" Yeah, they all knew what he did.

"This morning." I shrugged, ignoring the look of disbelief on Syd's face.

"Does he have a black eye?" She gasped, "Alex you can't just hit people, even if he deserves it."

Alex glared at her and I smirked at my paper, "He didn't." I flipped the paper around to get a new perspective and to add more detail, "I did."