Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

_________________

I was right. The trip seemed to be dragging now as I avoided everyone in the car. Their happy chatter, well apart from Alex's, filled the car as the music was background noise. I had to try extra hard to ignore the burning sensation in my eyes to keep the tears at bay.

After several hours I let out a sigh and shifted my paper. I stared at the boy on the page and I willed it to be anyone but the boy I hated. Why did I feel so heartbroken from this boy? This boy who had no interest in me at all.

"Lucy?" Justin asked, his voice soft as he tried to get my attention. I focused my gaze solely on his as he spoke. "You've been quiet all morning, everything okay?"

I gave him a smile, "Everything perfect, I'm still tired from yesterday." Which wasn't a complete lie.

He laughed and placed his hand on my knee. "I'm tired too, if you need a cuddle buddy, I'm always free."

Surprising both of us Alex jerked the car to the right and I hit my head on the window and Justin smacked his on the chair. Rubbing my forehead, I groaned.

"There you go with your sexy groans." Justin smirked.

"Shut up." I muttered but smiled at him.

I was left alone as Harry began talking to Justin and Sydney was asking questions to Alex who, from what I heard, wasn't answering. Maybe the girl he loved once was Sydney. My stomach turned at the thought but I mean if she made him happy..

Finally we were pulling into our hotel and I just want to sleep but by the happiness that surrounded me, I knew everyone else had other ideas. Turns out I'm a mind reader because everyone started talking about the beach. Our hotel was right on the beach so I guess it'd be easy enough to get there.

Once everyone was ready we made our way through the sandy beach until they deemed the place acceptable and began setting up base camp. It was mid afternoon which meant that I was hungry and tired.

"It's my lucky day." Harry laughed as he spotted a group of girls to the right, "Luc, come with?"

"Will you buy me food?" I questioned in a serious tone. I saw the smirk playing on everyone's lips.

Harry nodded quickly, "Of course, anything for my favorite girl."

I grinned as Harry offered me a hand up but he didn't let go as we made our way further down the beach. Once we were near the water I turned to him questionly. "I thought you wanted to talk to those girls?"

"I'm nervous." He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't tell anyone I said that."

Laughing I nodded, "I wouldn't dream of it." He gave me a smile and I took his hand again, "Let's eat, maybe there will be more girls near some food."

"I like the way you think Luc."

We got popsicles and they were gone when we were halfway back to the group. Once we threw them in the trash I pulled him to a stop. We could see Alex sitting on the towel, looking around angrily while Justin and Sydney were nowhere to be seen.

"Race you back to the towel." I called as I already took off running.

"Hey!" He yelled but I could hear him behind me.

I laughed as I came closer to the towel and Alex turned just in time to see me running into him, pushing him into the sand. I giggled as I landed on his chest, that was thankful covered by a thin t-shirt. He looked at me in surprise and I felt my face heating up, "Oops." I muttered as I quickly pushed myself away from him and looking back at Harry. "I won."