Chapter 5: Welcome to the Dark, Potter

Welcome to the Dark, Potter

"So, you wanted to make a deal. I'm listening, Harry Potter."

Harry was unsure how to proceed from here though he knew the goals he wanted. He was still slightly reeling from the fact that all of this was happening. A week ago he was stuck at Privet Drive in pain and suffering, mourning Sirius and hurt over the lack of contact from his friends. And now he had been tortured by those he thought his mentors, was a Necromancer and was turning to the Dark to meet his goals.

Licking his lips, he took a deep breath to get a loose grasp on his thoughts before speaking.

"There are three things that I want and all three I think will only serve to benefit you," he began. "The first, I need information and training. I have received my magical inheritance as a Necromancer and need to learn how to control it and learn what all of that entails. I'm sure you can see the benefits of this." Harry paused and the snake man gave a slight nod, his red eyes observing everything. "However, speculation says that Necromancy was a Family Magic of some kind and records have been lost. It is my hope that you might have come across information that might lead me in the right direction." Harry paused again but Voldemort gave no indication to respond so he pressed forward. "Second, I need protection, at least until I can control what I can do, from Dumbledore and the Light. This allows you to keep an eye on my progress while also allowing you something to hold over Dumbledore's head." Harry hoped that this was enough incentive even though he hated making himself sound like some prize that the two Leaders could place on a mantle and flaunt, however accurate it might seem. "The third, I want revenge." This caused Voldemort to raise a hairless eyebrow in interest. "Dumbledore has fucked with my life for far too long and trying to torture and kill me is the final straw. He needs to pay for everything he's done to me. And it is my understanding that you also want to ruin Dumbledore, I figured having a Necromancer might be prudent to your goals in this."

There was silence as Harry's heart pounded waiting for Voldemort to speak. He hoped he had made it an appealing offer.

"You make an interesting offer in demands, Potter," the man began. "Yes, I can see the benefits of this arrangement, but I want some additional concessions." Harry tried not to appear too nervous at this. "First, I want the prophecy, I know you heard it all." That was easy enough to give Harry thought but remained silent. "Second, I want assurance that once I have assisted in training you that you will not turn your skills upon me." Again, made sense and while Harry felt incredibly conflicted over it, he was pretty sure he'd agree. "Third, which is more of a clarification. What are your plans after your revenge on Dumbledore is complete?"

Harry sighed. "In all honesty, I'm not sure. I know that the old man needs to be dealt with and that is my focus. After that, we shall see. Why?"

"What if you had a place within my ranks?"

"No."

"Excuse me?" Harry witnessed the fury flare in the red depths at the outright refusal.

"No. For two reasons. One, I am not one of your minions and I never will be. I will not bow to you ever, so I cannot be in your ranks. Second, just because I require your assistance and that our goals in the destruction of Albus Dumbledore align, it doesn't mean that the rest of our ideas do."

"What do you know of my ideas, Potter?" Harry was about to speak about the mindless killing and supremacy of Purebloods but held back. What did he actually know that wasn't spouted by Dumbledore? Luckily, Voldemort didn't seem to expect an answer. "How about this?" He continued, forcing Harry's attention once again. "I will offer my protection within the Dark and provide you with any and all the tools necessary to train and educate you in your inheritance. In exchange, you will recite to me the prophecy, you will swear to not turn your powers against me after my generosity. Together we will take down Dumbledore as allies. However, I request that after the revenge is complete you reconsider my offer to officially join me. Do we have a deal?"