Chapter 7: If Magic Accepts and Approves

If Magic Accepts and Approves

Harry opened his eyes to take in the dark blue canopy above him with the morning sunlight warming the light grey walls. It took him a moment before he remembered that he was in Voldemort's -No, Marvolo's- house. He groaned and sunk deeper into the fluffy pillows and silky sheets.

"Master Death Master sir!" a squeaky voice called making him bolt upright only to stare down at an unfamiliar elf who stood to the side of his bed nearest the door.

"Yes?" Harry questioned, taking in the same apparent uniform that Mimsy had worn, only now it was a dark green shirt and trousers.

"Master Death Master is being needing to wake up for breakfast, sir. Master is being wanting Master Death Master there in thirty minutes."

"What time is it?"

"It is being seven thirty, Master Death Master," the little elf dutifully replied. "Is Master Death Master being needing anything from Tobi?"

Harry glanced at the little elf once again and gave a nod. "Yes, Tobi. Could you help pick something for me to wear? I plan on going to Gringotts today to talk with the goblins about entering my family vaults and want to look the part."

"Of course, Master Death Master! Tobi is being honored to be helping." The little elf scurried towards the closet while Harry threw off the covers and dragged his feet to the bathroom.

Quickly showering, he then brushed his teeth and dried his hair. He was getting some very evident stubble on his jawline though and without his wand, he'd have to ask the elves to get him some shaving supplies. Stepping out he smiled at the robes that Tobi had chosen. They were a dark green almost black and after glancing in the mirror Harry knew he cut an imposing figure in them. The potions from yesterday morning in addition to a full nights sleep and actual food yesterday were already improving his haggard complexion from being trapped in the dungeon cell. His already darker skin helped to hide the bags under his eyes and bruises on his skin. He knew he needed the goblins to take him seriously enough to listen to his requests and so any little bit helped. Nodding to himself, he ran a hand through his hair and sighed. It was getting long though, after the craziness of the past month he hadn't really put much thought towards it...but maybe he could tie it back? He had seen Sirius do it before.

"Tobi, can I have a hair band?" The little elf was only too happy to comply and Harry tentatively pulled back his hair and tied it at the nape of his neck. For the moment it seemed to hold his hair well. The little tuft of black hair that jutted out past the hair tie barely brushed against his neck but the top of his hair looked contained which was good. However, Harry wasn't sure how long his hair would remain contained. For now, he wouldn't mess with it. "Great, thanks, Tobi. Now, can you help me get to the dining room?"

Tobi nodded eagerly and began guiding Harry through the halls. He tried harder to remember the way this time because he didn't want to keep calling on elves to guide him. He would learn it eventually he sighed to himself when Tobi finally stopped before the doors to the dining room. "Thank you, Tobi." The elf bowed and disappeared. Taking a deep breath, Harry pushed through the doors to eat another meal with his enemy turned ally.

Marvolo sat at the head of the table as he had done last night, looking very much the same only with new robes. "Good morning, Harry," the man greeted politely.

"Morning, Marvolo," Harry managed to get out before taking the seat directly across for the man once more. The food arrived and Harry filled his plate with eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, and toast, before pouring himself a cup of tea.

"I trust you slept well?"

Harry gave a nod, eyeing the man across from him who was currently adding three scoops of sugar to his morning tea. It was such a human action that Harry was momentarily frozen.