Chapter 11: Arrange It

"It seems that your plan to keep your inheritance secret is no longer viable," Marvolo commented calmly over breakfast two days after the Introduction Ceremony.

"What do you mean? I thought you said that your minions wouldn't spill," Harry replied looking up from his eggs. Since last night he had felt an itch under his skin that, according to the journals, indicated the first stage of warning that his powers needed releasing. He was having to consciously ignore the urge to scratch at his skin.

The red eyes narrowed over the edge of the newspaper. "It was not one of mine. Do have more faith in my abilities," he tsked.

Feeling tense, Harry stared nervously at the Daily Prophet in those pale elegant fingers. "Then what are you talking about?"

Not bothering to answer with words, Marvolo merely turned the paper around so that Harry could read the blaring headline.

HARRY POTTER GOES DARK: Dumbledore claims Boy-Who-Lived is a Necromancer

"Fucking Dumbledore!" Harry seethed, ripping the paper out of Marvolo's hands to scan the article.

It was Skeeter's work but she didn't feel as harsh towards him as she once was. Maybe she was a little fearful of possible repercussions if the accusations proved true? The article was a plea from Dumbledore for the public to be on guard and that Harry already had two confirmed kills. The victims being his poor muggle uncle who had been raising him for fifteen years and Hestia Jones who had only been attempting to help him. Skeeter even commented that Harry was unavailable for comment and that the DMLE would begin the search for Harry not to execute but to merely question to put the public's mind at ease.

Fuming, Harry took several deep breaths. Drawing on the meditation practices his ancestors wrote about for control. All the while, Marvolo sat pristinely at the other end of the table, calmly observing.

"It seems Ms. Skeeter might wish for the other side of the story," the man finally said.

"Hm..." Harry sighed. "Suppose it's only fair to clear the air on what really happened. Might as well contact the DMLE and get started on destroying Dumbledore's reputation."

"Lucius will contact and arrange a meeting on neutral ground between yourself, Ms. Skeeter and Madame Bones. I can't imagine either will wish to delay this meeting."

Harry just nodded, staring blankly at his plate trying to mentally prepare and ignore the itching that had gotten worse since his rush of anger.

"I would recommend calling on Avery and Lucius this afternoon to strategize."

"Why Avery?" Harry asked.

"I do believe you remember him being 'gifted' to you only a few days ago?" Harry glared but it was ignored. "It is my belief that you don't actually plan on using your abilities on him. Which is beneficial because he is quite useful in regards to politics and laws."

"So even though I don't plan on killing him, I still have to do something with him?"

"Why Harry, he was your welcoming present. Are you telling me you didn't like it?" Harry growled at the look of pure innocence that graced Marvolo's face but the look was just so strange to witness that he fought to keep his lips from twitching. "Just consider him a servant until his punishment has been fulfilled."

"Fine, I expect both of them this afternoon before our dueling practice."

"They will be here. Though I advise not letting on not wanting to kill him. I find it's better to keep them on their toes."

~*~

Curled in the armchair that he had claimed in the library, Harry rubbed a hand over his face, putting the latest journal aside. He only had one left that he planned on finishing it tonight. Luckily, he was more hopeful for his future. He wouldn't be as lonely as Ashur had been because since he was a type of liaison between Life and Death, he would be able to communicate with his Necromancer ancestors and even Sirius and his parents. Harry was beyond excited for that but each of his ancestors had cautioned to speak with their Master before anything else. And to do that he had to control his magic. It was what Marvolo had offered to teach but luckily there was a guidebook for it so Harry wouldn't have to ask for help once again.