003

Focusing intently on the ground, Lois made her way to an empty seat in the back of the classroom

Focusing intently on the ground, Lois made her way to an empty seat in the back of the classroom. She let out a shaky breath as the lowered herself into a seat and placed her backpack on the empty chair next to her. Her plan was to save the seat for Jeremy, but when she glanced up briefly she couldn't see him.

Jer, where r u?

I can't keep covering for u with Elena,

she's going to get suspicious

Placing her phone on her desk, she wasn't expecting such an immediate response.

Elena's a bitch

What happened??

Stormed into the guys bathroom, accused me of getting high

Her fingers hovered over the keys as she contemplated her reply, but another text came through.

She started spewing this shit abt giving me a summer pass

like she hasn't been on my ass all summer

She's just worried abt u, Jer

Well maybe she should sort out her own shit

before she sticks her nose in my business,

I'm fine

Lois wasn't sure how to respond, so was a little grateful when the teacher walked in and she had to put her phone away. She wasn't stupid, or delusional. Jeremy wasn't fine, none of them were. It has been four months, for crying out loud. Elena was probably just better at masking it then the twins, but maybe that's because she was older. Or maybe it was because she'd always had her diary to vent to. Lois and Jer always had each other, that's what twins do. They knew when their other half was hurting.

She didn't want to control him the way that Elena was trying to control him, despite her best intentions. Jeremy was just being a stupid kid, a stupid kid who lost his parents too young and who almost lost his sisters too. He was too young to be dealing with these emotions, and the grief. God, the grief. It was never-ending. Lois never quite knew what was going to tip her over the edge each day. They were all too young for all of this, but it wasn't like they could do anything about it. They had to at least try to learn to live without them.

Selfishly, Lois was a little jealous of her siblings. Jeremy hadn't even been in the goddamn car, and Elena miraculously escaped with barely a scratch. Lois could barely remember her life before the accident, the doctors thought it was some kind of trauma induced amnesia. That didn't explain the other effects that the accident had on her. One in particular that had her subjected to numerous brain scans and psych evaluations, ultimately turning up nothing. In truth, Lois had learnt to keep what she saw to herself and she definitely didn't share the life stories she gained from a single touch. She knew better.

Glancing up from her desk as her name was called for attendance, Lois wished she'd taken Aunt Jenna up on that offer to stay home. She didn't mean to glance around the classroom, it was if her body acted on autopilot. Almost immediately her head began to spin and her stomach clenched as her sight was blurred by a smear of colours and sounds. She blinked repeatedly, trying to find her bearings in the now spinning room. Closing her eyes tightly, she sucked in a shaky breath, but her eyes immediately opened again when she heard her teacher say her name.

"- And we're so glad to have you back, Lois. It really was a tragic accident."

The second the teacher said that, the second Lois heard the word 'accident' everything went black as her body titled towards the floor.

~~~

~~~

AURA COLOUR CHART

red: energy, strength, anger, lust, passion, ego

orange: self control, ambition, thoughtfulness, courage

yellow: optimistic, happy, intellectual, naive

light green: peaceful, healing, compassion

dark green: deceitful, jealousy, moody

light blue: fear, indecisive, sensitive, skepticism

dark blue: spiritual, loyal, creative, kind

violet: wisdom, intuition, highly spiritual

indigo: benevolence, highly intuitive, seeker

pink: love, sincerity, friendship

grey: depression, sadness, exhaustion, low energy, skepticism

brown: greed, self-involvement, opinionated

black: lacking energy, illness, imminent death

white: perfect balance