002

❝Take me back to the feeling whenEverything was left to find❞

Take me back to the feeling when
Everything was left to find

Jenna's calm and concerned attitude had changed into one of panic as she fumbled around the kitchen.

"Toast!" Jenna exclaimed suddenly. "I can make toast."

Lois' mouth twitched into a slight smile at her aunt and she nodded in an attempt to seem encouraging.

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna," Elena Gilbert said, pouring herself a cup. Lois subtly observed her sister's light blue aura, mentally willing for the colour to shift to a light green. When nothing of the sort happened, Lois turned away.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy Gilbert asked, walking into the room and taking Elena's coffee cup. Lois watched as Jeremy's aura flitted between a grey, brown and dark green shade. The sight almost gave Lois a headache, the colour changing so quickly she could barely register them.

Elena huffed at Jeremy's actions before pouring herself a new cup, eyeing Lois warily. Lois held her hands up in mock surrender, "I still don't like coffee, 'lena."

"It's your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared," Jenna sighed. "Lunch money?"

"I'm good," Elena just smiled whilst the Gilbert twins accepted their aunt's offer. Lois would use the money for the intended purpose, her brother on the other hand? Unlikely.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Aunt Jenna asked, shoving things in her bag.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Lois asked curiously.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at... now. Crap!" Jenna groaned, pulling the hair tie from her ponytail and letting her hair fall around her shoulders.

"Then go. We'll be fine." Elena reassured, watching as Jenna fled the room before turning to the twins.

"You okay?"

Jeremy glared at her, his aura flashing to reflect his mood, "Don't start."

Lois sighed at his behaviour, "We're fine. Let's just get today over with."

"Do you need a lift with Bonnie and I?" Elena asked.

"No, thank you. I think I'm going to walk."

~~~

Lois began looking for her sister as soon as she arrived at the school. She soon spotted her with Bonnie Bennett, leaning against some lockers. Jess tried to ignore most student's auras, feeling as though her gift was almost an invasion of privacy, but she did allow herself to admire Bonnie's violet glow.

"Morning, Bonnie," Lois greeted before turning to her sister. "Sorry, Elena, but did you pick up my house keys by accident this morning?"

"Oh, um," Elena pulled her keys out of her bag. "Oh, my bad. I did, here."

"Don't worry, just wanted to make sure I hadn't lost them already." Lois laughed lightly, extending a hand for Elena to drop the keys into. Elena was still getting used to her sister's 'no-touch' rule, but gently dropped the keys into Lois' outstretched hand.

Lois placed the keys into her bag as Caroline Forbes came running over.

"Elena! Lois! Oh, my God." Caroline exclaimed, pulling them both into a hug.

Lois immediately froze at the contact as her body hummed with energy and vivid images obscured her vision. Blinking frantically, Lois inhaled sharply as she tried to clear her mind. Elena quickly pulled Caroline away from her sister, giving her a chance to escape. Lois forced a smile in thanks, before abruptly turning and walking away from the group.

"Oh," Caroline blinked. "Did I do something wrong?"

Lois just grit her teeth as she walked away from the group, trying to ignore the feeling of guilt that rolled around in her stomach. She didn't mean to come across as rude, but she really couldn't face anyone until she got control over whatever what wrong with her. Taking a deep breath to calm her trembling nerves, she hurried to her first class.

Whatever Lois had been expecting from her first day back since the accident, it hadn't been this.

~~~

~~~

AURA COLOUR CHART

AURA COLOUR CHART

red: energy, strength, anger, lust, passion, ego

orange: self control, ambition, thoughtfulness, courage

yellow: optimistic, happy, intellectual, naive

light green: peaceful, healing, compassion

dark green: deceitful, jealousy, moody

light blue: fear, indecisive, sensitive, skepticism

dark blue: spiritual, loyal, creative, kind

violet: wisdom, intuition, highly spiritual

indigo: benevolence, highly intuitive, seeker

pink: love, sincerity, friendship

grey: depression, sadness, exhaustion, low energy, skepticism

brown: greed, self-involvement, opinionated

black: lacking energy, illness, imminent death

white: perfect balance

___

A/N: a short, almost filler chapter to give you a further insight into Lois' character. Please let me know what you think and maybe leave a like too?