006

Lois awoke with a strangled gasp, her body trembling uncontrollably

Lois awoke with a strangled gasp, her body trembling uncontrollably. Her eyes darted round frantically as she tried to make sense of her surroundings. 

"No, no, no," She mumbled, her voice small and her tone scared. "Not again, please not again!"

She was in the middle of the woods, with no memory of getting there. Her feet were bare and bloody. She span around, rubbing her arms comfortingly as she shivered, trying to make sense of where she was. She didn't know which way was home and could feel the panic building inside her. 

Breathe and focus, she told herself, willing her heart to stop beating like a jackhammer inside her chest. 

Glancing around, she thought she could make out the faint glow somewhere in the trees. Lois wasn't even sure what day it was, but she hoped it was either some friendly campers or maybe even the back to school party that was held at the falls every year. If she could get to the falls, she could navigate home. 

Taking a deep breath, Lois set off in the direction of the light. She thought she could hear the beat of music playing, but couldn't be sure if that was just her hopeful mind playing tricks on her.

Lois' pyjama bottoms were filthy and torn, exposing her ankles to the cold evening air. Her oversized tshirt she wore to bed was also doing little to keep out the cold. Her hands grazed over her arms, trying to create friction and warm. She glanced down as she felt some weird textures, noting that her arms were littered with scratches and dried blood. She looked a wreck, and she was willing to bet her red hair was no better. She loved her hair, it reminded her of Aunt Jenna, though Lois' was a much more vibrant red.

Lois tried not to flinch as debris dug into the soft soles of her feet, letting out a harsh breath as she stepped on a particularly sharp stone. 

"Fuck," she swore, stumbling momentarily, squeezing her eyes shut at the pain. 

"Lois?"

Her eyes darted up at the sound of her name being called.

"Vicki," Lois breathed, relief flooding her small body. It was Vicki! Lois didn't think she'd ever be so relieved to see the older Donovan girl in her life. 

"What the hell are you doing out here? Jeremy's gonna be worried sick." Vicki said, moving closer to the younger girl.

"Have you been crying? Are you okay?" Lois asked, concerned about the tear tracks down Vicki's face.

Vicki sniffed, shrugging despondently with a tight smile, "Boys, right?"

"Right," Lois agreed absently, understanding that Vicki didn't really want to talk about it.

Both girls' heads snapped up as they heard the sound of twigs snapping. Lois frowned slightly and looked around. 

"Tyler?" Vicki called out. 

There was no reply. 

"Jeremy, is that you?" Vicki tried again. 

Still no reply. 

Lois was finding it hard to focus in the dark, and couldn't make out where the sound was coming from.

"Come on, this isn't funny!" Vicki scowled, moving away from Lois and towards the noise. 

Out of nowhere, fog descended around the girls. Lois frantically looked around in confusion, before locking eyes with Vicki and screamed. She screamed loud enough that it shook her entire body and her vocal cords ached. 

Staggering backwards, she watched as a figure dropped Vicki's unresponsive body to the floor. She was dead, Lois was sure, or at least dying. This had to be a dream, a vision, something, but the feeling of bile rising up in her throat felt all too real. 

"Stop screaming." The figure demanded. Lois felt her mouth shut against her will, and hot tears burned in her eyes. 

In a second, the figure, no, man, had grabbed her. Her arms were pinned to her side as she was forced to look into his eyes. She barely had time to register his lack of aura before he plunged his set of fangs into her neck. Every ounce of confusion and shock was converted into excruciating pain as she felt blood spill from her neck. She body quickly shut down, whether it be from shock or blood loss, she wasn't sure. 

What is happening? How is this happening? 

The only time I can't see someone's aura is when... they're already dead.

 they're already dead

~~~

AURA COLOUR CHART

no aura: DEAD

red: energy, strength, anger, lust, passion, ego

orange: self control, ambition, thoughtfulness, courage

yellow: optimistic, happy, intellectual, naive

light green: peaceful, healing, compassion

dark green: deceitful, jealousy, moody

light blue: fear, indecisive, sensitive, skepticism

dark blue: spiritual, loyal, creative, kind

violet: wisdom, intuition, highly spiritual

indigo: benevolence, highly intuitive, seeker

pink: love, sincerity, friendship

grey: depression, sadness, exhaustion, low energy, skepticism

brown: greed, self-involvement, opinionated

black: lacking energy, illness, imminent death

white: perfect balance