012

"You really have to stop screaming."

"No, please, stop. Don't..."

"Shh. I got you..."

Lois let out a groan as she regained conciousness. 

What the fuck happened?

Then the memories hit her like a freight train: Vicki, the bathroom, that...

"--Vampire."

Lois spoke so softly, so quietly, it was a wonder that Damon Salvatore even noticed. 

"Ah! Look who's awake."

Lois forced herself to focus, to push past her scrambled thoughts. 

She was cold and the wind whipped around them. 

Where were they?

It was dark, but Lois blinked hard to force her eyes to adjust. 

She could see the silhouette of a man holding onto a woman's arm... Vicki's arm.

They were standing on the edge of a building, the realisation sent adrenaline rushing through Lois' system and she surged forward. 

"No! No, stop! Let go of her!" She pleaded, unaware of another presence joining them on the roof, until a cool breeze drifted again her exposed arms.

The man studied Lois for a moment, then tossed Vicki towards her with a shrug. 

Lois felt relief flood through her system but it was quickly replaced with fear as she was suddenly pulled from the floor. 

Vicki reached out to grab her but the man was too fast, moving Lois onto the ledge of the building's roof in the same way that he had held Vicki before. 

"So brave  to offer yourself to spare her," The man cooed in her ear, tilting her backwards off of the building. 

Lois felt her feet lose contact with the ground, leaving her completely dependent on the man holding onto her. 

"Let her go!" A voice spoke out. 

The man paused, lowering Lois back down enough that the toes of her scuffed trainers could scrape the brickwork. 

She fought hard to control her breathing, trying to focus on Vicki and her grey-black aura. It wasn't an aura colour that Lois saw very often, but she wasn't stupid. She could work out what it meant. 

"Let. Her. Go." The voice repeated, an authoritative air in his tone. 

"Are you sure?" The dark-haired man replied, a curious tone in his voice. "I mean, you forgot to compel this one so I suppose it would solve your little problem... it might be easier if she just fell."

Lois screamed out in terror as she was once again lifted off the ground. Vicki scrambled forward from her place of the ground, reaching out, but the other man grabbed her shoulder. 

"Damon, stop!

"Ugh!" The man, Damon, complained. "Relax."

Lois was thrown roughly into Vicki's arms, and for once Lois didn't mind the onslaught of visions and colours and thoughts. 

Her whole body shook as she looked up at the two men who were with them on the roof. 

"What is happening?" Vicki cried, wrapping her arms around Lois like a life line. 

"I don't need her to be dead, but...you might," Damon grabbed the back of Vicki's head from where it was buried in Lois' hair, forcing her to look at him. "What attacked you the other night?"