011

"Tonight! Night of the Comet! Would you like a program?" Bonnie asked sweetly, handing out the Night of the Comet pamphlets to people the girls past in the town square. She turned slight to face Elena as they continued walking, "... He didn't call, huh?"

"Or text." Elena sighed dejectedly, handing out another pamphlet. "But I realised we never even exchanged that stuff. We've never gotten to the texting part."

"That's an important milestone in any relationship."

"Isn't it? The timing is wrong, anyway."

"When is it ever right?"

"I'm not ready, Bonnie."

"Who is?"

"At least I put myself out there." Elena cut in, defensively.

"Is that what you're calling it?"

The girls stopped walking and Elena turn to fully face Bonnie, "What do you mean?"

"All I'm hearing is reasons why you can't."

Silence fell over the girls as Elena mulled the statement over.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

Lois was trailing Jeremy like a lost puppy. Thankfully, her twin hadn't said a thing and was letting her clutch the material of his hoodie sleeve. It was nice, he supposed, as she didn't like anyone to touch her after the accident. Clearly her twin was an exception, somewhat. 

Noticing Vicki, he moved them both over to her, "Vicki, what are you doing here?"

Vicki sighed frustratedly, "Fighting with Robert about my schedule. You'd think getting ripped up by a rabid animal would merit an extra sick day."

Lori cringed, her throat immediately aching. She pushed all of the feelings and emotions deep down, turning away from Vicki's aura. It was pulsating and swirling and Lois felt like she'd just stepped off a rollercoaster just by looking at it.