005

Lois had been discharged from the hospital and was currently on house-arrest by Aunt Jenna

Lois had been discharged from the hospital and was currently on house-arrest by Aunt Jenna. She wasn't sure whether her medication had been increased in dosage or she just wasn't accustomed to the effects of it anymore, but Lois felt like a zombie for most of the day. She sat propped against her headboard, surrounded by pillows that were keeping her upright. Lois wasn't sure she had the energy to move even if she wanted to. She had been staring at the same spot on her wall for what felt like an eternity when Aunt Jenna appeared at her doorway.

"Hey," Jenna spoke quietly, unsure whether Lois was asleep or just completely dazed from the medication.

Lois forced her eyes to move and make eye-contact with her aunt as she stood awkwardly in the doorframe. The medication didn't work. It never did. Lois could still see Jenna's blue-grey aura surrounding her entire body. This was why Lois didn't take her medication. It didn't fix the problem, it just made her drowsy and unresponsive. It felt like a sedative, more than anything. Given to her to give her family a few hours of peace from her. She hadn't really forgiven her Aunt Jenna for taking her to the hospital and letting them dose her when she so clearly didn't want to be medicated. But, she understood, Jenna wasn't used to this. Hell, none of them were. Jenna never signed up to be their parents replacement, it was a lose-lose scenario either way.

"I, uh, I have your afternoon dose..." Jenna continued, walking into the room holding a cup of juice and the godforsaken orange bottle.

Using all the strength she had, Lois turned away from Jenna and faced the wall. Jenna stood awkwardly by her beside, before sighing dejectedly and placing the cup and bottle on Lois' bedside table.

"I'm not... I'm not going to sit here and watch you take it, Lois, okay?" Jenna sat at the edge of Lois' bed, but was careful to keep the blankets between her skin and her nieces'. She had seen how upset Lois had got when she was handled by the nurses at the hospital, and she did feel guilty about it but she really didn't know of any other option. Jenna thought Lois was lucky to be let home with only strict instructions of bedrest, her behaviour mixed with her past episodes could have been reason enough for a doctor to have her committed for another psych eval.

Lois didn't react, she had no real grasp of what time it was but knew that if she didn't take this dose the effects of the previous dose should wear off relatively soon. She didn't have exact times or measurements, but she was using the fact that she was being given a 'top-up' dose as an indicator the effects would wear off shortly.

"Maybe..." Jenna sighed awkwardly again, anxiously rubbing her hand down her face. "Okay, you don't have to take this dose if you promise you'll get some sleep and just... tell me how you're feeling, okay?"

Lois' eyes lazily moved over to meet her Aunt's concerned gaze and she nodded. There was no way in hell Lois was going to take that afternoon dose, regardless of what her Aunt Jenna said. Perhaps some sleep would help the time pass quicker until the effects wore off.

Lois wiggled around sluggishly in an attempt to flatten the pillow mound she had been placed against. Sensing her growing frustration, Jenna reached out and removed some of the pillows from behind her to help allow for Lois to lie down properly. In her attempt to wriggle down to lie flat on the mattress, Lois' tshirt had begun to ride up her stomach. Jenna's hands automatically went to pull it down for her but Lois' shied away from her touch. Jenna pulled back, slightly hurt, before remembering the events from the hospital. Pulling a blanket from the bottom of her bed, Aunt Jenna used it to cover her hands and avoid contact with the exposed skin of Lois' midriff as she pulled at the tshirt. Once Jenna was satisfied she laid the blanket over Lois and gazed at her dejectedly.

"I'm sorry, Lo, I really am... I don't mean to be such a fuck-up, I'm ..." Jenna sucked in a breath and Lois immediately felt guilty for almost making her aunt cry.

"It's not your fault," Lois slurred tiredly, eyes already feeling heavy as another headache began to form. She tried not to focus on Jenna's fizzling grey aura, the swirls of colour and their meaning filling her stomach with guilt and nausea.

Jenna shook her head sadly, making her way over to Lois' window and pulling the curtains shut to eliminate as much light as possible. She knew that Lois often complained of headaches, so it was almost an automated response at this point. She glanced around the room one more time before making her way to the door.

~~~

~~~

AURA COLOUR CHART

red: energy, strength, anger, lust, passion, ego

orange: self control, ambition, thoughtfulness, courage

yellow: optimistic, happy, intellectual, naive

light green: peaceful, healing, compassion

dark green: deceitful, jealousy, moody

light blue: fear, indecisive, sensitive, skepticism

dark blue: spiritual, loyal, creative, kind

violet: wisdom, intuition, highly spiritual

indigo: benevolence, highly intuitive, seeker

pink: love, sincerity, friendship

grey: depression, sadness, exhaustion, low energy, skepticism

brown: greed, self-involvement, opinionated

black: lacking energy, illness, imminent death

white: perfect balance