009

Matt walked through the darkened halls of the hospital. He wondered why the halls were so dark but the rooms where the patients were trying to sleep were so bright. Finally finding Vicki's room, he didn't notice the outline of Stefan Salvatore hidden in the shadows. 

Walking into the hospital room, he was confused. Vicki's bed was empty, her sheets bundled messily at the end of the bed. Her IV was still hanging from the hook, but Vicki was nowhere to be seen. 

Bathroom, maybe? He wondered, turning in that direction. 

"Whoa!" Matt gasped out as Vicki materialised behind him. He held his arms up slightly, as if she was a frightened animal. 

There was a far away look in her eyes and she stared at his chest. 

"Vic? Vicki, hey," Matt soothed. He bent down to catch her eye, "Vic, it's Matt. Hey, what's wrong?"

He watched as a tear rolled down her cheek, and reached out to her in concern. 

Then Vicki was screaming.

"No! No!"

"Hey! Vicki, Vicki!" Matt yelled, his arms wrapped around her middle. "It's me, Vicki! Stop!"

But she continued screaming, Matt hated it. She sounded scared, frightened of him. She broke free, stumbling back into the bed still shouting 'no' in protest. Matt took the opportunity to run from the room to grab a nurse. 

Within a second, Vicki was laying back on her hospital bed as Stefan Salvatore stared into her tear-filled tears. 

"It was an animal," Stefan compelled. "It came out of the night and jumped you. You blacked out. That's all you remember."

"That's all I remember," Vicki repeated monotonously. 

"An animal attacked you, you blacked out, that's all you remember." Stefan repeated again, worried his compulsion might not work. 

"That's all I remember." Vicki repeated again. 

Then he was gone. 

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

Elena was sat with Bonnie and Caroline at a table outside the Mystic Grill, folding pamphlets about the town's next event 'The Night of the Comet'. She'd taken Jeremy to the hospital and dropped him off, but couldn't seem to bring herself to actual step foot into the door. Something had felt off lately, so when Bonnie said Caroline signed them up for folding pamphlets, she was thankful for the distraction. 

"I was talking to Grams, and she says the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there were lots of deaths. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie spoke, eyeing both Elena and Caroline.