𝘛𝘸𝘰 - 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯

* * *

"Are you drunk?"

"Are you drunk?"

"No?" I scowl crossing my arms over my chest and ignoring how my clothes are sticking to me.

Coach glares at me some more and I can feel my resolve crumbling. See this is why I refuse to spend much time with everyone. They won't let me sulk and it pisses me off.

"I had 2." I shrug glaring right back.

He sighs shaking his head slowly, "I'm disappointed in you Ronan."

Yeah well join the queue. The line is that way and make sure to let the door hit your ass on the way out.

That's what I want to say but I respect him too much still so instead I glare.

"If you continue to make bad choices I can't let you have free roam of the ice in non-practice times. I shouldn't be doing it anyway but I care about you so I have been. Don't make me regret putting my trust in you."

I stay silent thinking about everything that has happened. Normally I would agree quietly and we would figure it out but I'm not that person anymore. So much has happened that I don't care. I stopped caring.

"Go and clean yourself up, your a mess." With one last glance at me he turns and heads for his office.

I watch him feeling heavy for some reason, why does everything have to be so fucked up?

"I didn't see the boy." It scrambles up and out of my throat so fast I don't have time to stop myself from saying it. "I didn't mean to scare him."

"I know, Son."

* * *

Walking out of the rink the fresh air punches me in the face waking me up a little. I go to get on my bike but pause. Fuck I've had a drink. Idiot.

Frowning to myself I slowly walk aimlessly for awhile before plonking myself onto a park bench. Sitting in silence I let my thoughts drown me, running through every single thing that has led me to where I am right now. Those thoughts anger me because fuck, I was doing well.

Found a brother in Sloan, we got a place together. Was doing well in my studies, actually passed it with a 4.0GPA. Got scouted to play NHL. Made a family with Sloan, Ellie and Rosie, she is so sassy just like her mother. Only then I got that damn text that completely changed everything.

Fucked my first game by pissing off number 9 and ended up injuring myself so bad they called me off for the rest of the season. Only I haven't been back since and that was almost 3 years ago.