𝘋𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘍𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘴 & 𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬

* * *

[DEDICATION]

This book was an emotional rollercoaster full of fear, longing and love. The growth was something I was really intent on keeping as natural and progressive as possible and I think I did just that. Shelby was not cured by the end of the book because recovery isn't linear.

Meeting someone, falling in love and starting her career is not suddenly going to make everything perfect. That's not real life. Despite it all though, she had grown so much as a character from beginning to end.

This book was for anyone who needs a reason, anyone who needs a starting point. This can be it for you.

Your journey doesn't just stop. You are never stuck in one place and there is always something - no matter how small, you can do to change your direction. We can always start over, it is never too late and I hope through Ronan and Shelby's story you can see that there could be a whole other journey for you to explore.

We all deserve the world, so let's start giving it to ourselves.

Love, Winnie xx

* * *

[FACTS]

1. Milo was alive in my first plan

2. Ronan was going to need surgery but the recovery would have taken too long that it would have extended the book unnecessarily.

3. Lucas is definitely on the spectrum

4. I don't know where the obsession with dinosaurs came from, it just evolved.

4. I spent hours and hours researching domestic violence so it would be as real as possible. I almost took it out because it was so hard to read through, but it needs to stop being swept under the rug. Domestic violence is brutal, it's in your face and it's graphic. I was not going to sugar coat anything.

5. Ronan wasn't actually addicted to alcohol, he was addicted to reliving his childhood trauma by drinking.

6. For the first half of the book nothing was planned. I had a brief one but each chapter kept changing so I gave up. I only started outlining half way through to make sure I was hitting plot points and leaving no gaps.

7. This book was harder to write than Hand In Mine. It took me ages to get into the flow and so many times I wanted to give up. It never felt right and I was always unsure with my writing.

8. Originally Cole was supposed to be the door man at the ice rink. However I knew it would never work as Coach would know exactly who he is.

9. Shelby was supposed to get trapped inside the building when finding Lucas. But I wanted a final show down. Shelby deserved to have one and I didn't want the end of Cole to be with her trapped with him again.

10. Despite how hard I found this book to write, I love Shelby, Ronan and Lucas so much and I am proud of their story I wrote.

11. I stared it 04/05/22 and I finished it on 28/08/22

* * *

[NEW/NEXT BOOK]

YOU AND I
COMING 10TH SEPTEMBER 2022

YOU AND I COMING 10TH SEPTEMBER 2022

You can now add it to your library's <3

This is Coach Quinn's book and the LAST book in this series!

I am interested to see what you all think of this one as it's something different.

As always there will be bonus chapters but it will be the same with Hand In Mine. It will be after Quinn's book so that there won't be any spoilers. After Quinn's book I'll be writing and uploading bonus chapters for all 3 books.

* * *

[THANK YOU'S]

And this is it. My final goodbye to Sure Thing.

I hope to see you all joining me in Quinn's book. Your support, votes, comments, opinions and guesses all mean the world to me. Even my silent readers, thank you for reading my words.

I'll be forever grateful,

Sending Love and Light,

Winnie Jade Lee 💛

P.S. Make sure you follow me on Instagram! They see everything first, including chapter teasers, new projects, and I even do some write a chapter with me. It's a great way to ask me anything, view character aesthetics etc or simply connect☺️
It's @[authorwinnieiswriting]

 It's a great way to ask me anything, view character aesthetics etc or simply connect☺️It's @[authorwinnieiswriting]