𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳 - 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘣𝘺

* * *

Dear Milo,
You started it all...

May 2019

When I found out I was pregnant there was only one

When I found out I was pregnant there was only one. That was you, baby 'a'. I had never felt so excited, I was going be a mom.

Then suddenly there was two of you. Lucas popped out shyly to say hello at one scan. Then my excitement turned into terror because how was I going to look after two babies?

I loved you from the beginning. I loved that fluttering feeling I would get when both of your little feet would leave an imprint on my stomach. You would take it in turns to kick, I used to pretend it was your way of playing with each other.

And although I was anxious I was so ready for you both.

When you were born you were already amongst the angels. Sleeping away peacefully with your fingers still clenched into a ball and your feet tucked in.

You are the prettiest angel I have ever seen.

Lucas was only at the beginning of his journey. I thought I was going to lose him too. I couldn't bare the thought.

So even though my heart was completely broken I had to be strong for him. Nearly 3 months passed until I was able to bring him home.

It was bittersweet because the plan was to bring you home as well.
You never got to come home.

I couldn't leave him, not even for a moment for I was too scared. He then became unsettled because I wouldn't let him sleep, shaking him awake to make sure he wasn't in a deep sleep.

A deep sleep where you drift off to the angels.

I finally relaxed.

You helped me.

I would play your heartbeat from your green t-Rex teddy. Not only would Lucas drift off to it, so would I.

My little lullaby.

🦖

November 2020