𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘯𝘦 - 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘣𝘺

* * *

I'll always find you

My stomach drops. I know exactly who this is. Shoving the note back to the officer I run for the doors screaming out for my baby. I sob, heartbreaking at the thought of what could be going on in there.

Arms surround me, telling me that I can't go in. I fight with everything I've got, they don't know him like I do. He would not hesitate to kill Lucas to hurt me. Suddenly I'm passed to some warm arms, arms that I know and I don't even fight melting into him.

He is the only thing keeping me sane right now. Sometimes when in distress it's best to let others take the wheel while you figure out where to go next. This is one of those times.

We crumple to the floor, the chatter and chaos surrounding us. It's like time speeds up for everyone else as they rush around, yet it slows for me.

I'm missing my baby.

I have never felt anything like this before.

I feel like I'm bleeding out yet I have no wounds.

I feel like screaming out yet I've got no voice.

I can't breathe, my whole body feels like it's stopped working because I'm missing the love that usually is flowing through my veins, holding me together. I feel empty like something is missing, yet the pain completely consumes me.

I would never wish this on anyone. Loosing a child takes something that you never get back. Milo already has half of me and now Lucas has my other half. It leaves me, Shelby, a shell of a person. The bones that hold my body up want to crumple into a pile on the floor, there is nothing to protect anymore. Not if my heart isn't beating for my boys.

We say nothing, hands clinging to each other as we sit on the cold wet ground. It's raining, I look up at the sky in surprise as I feel the cool drops hit my face. The clouds are thundering overhead, rolling over the sky to cover us in it's dark cloak.

Is it to hide the world from what it's about to see? Or is it to protect us for what is to come? I don't have the answer to that question, I'm not sure I want to know.

The police are rallying up, holding weapons in one hand as they huddle together to talk. I feel numb now, frozen in time and simply watching what happens.

Ronan hasn't said a word, but his tears speak for him.

I feel his arms tighten around me, a kiss pressing against my head.