𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 - 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘣𝘺

* * *

"I don't need a pool to get you wet

"I don't need a pool to get you wet."

I jump upon feeling lips move across my ear before they stand to their full height. I can feel their body behind me and it takes everything in me not to melt into them. With a sigh I turn to face a bare chested Ronan.

My reply slips out of my head as my eyes sweep over his muscled chest, he has a few tattoo's across his chest and the top of his arms and oh my, why did I think this was going to be a good idea?

He smiles and it makes me want to turn into goo because of the feeling in my stomach. It's swarming with nerves and heat and it makes me feel warm inside. Comforted and it's nice to feel relaxed around someone. It's nice to feel comfortable around someone.

"You look nice." I blurt out before I can stop it. I close my eyes and sigh because what? You look nice?  Way to go Shelby. He definitely looks better than nice and I can't help but appreciate the strength of his body or the fact that his swim shorts match the colour of his blue eyes.

"Thank you baby." He murmurs.

I clear my throat and point to the empty pool behind us, "I need the pool to work with you. That's why we are here."

"Yes ma'am." He nods before walking past me and jumping straight in. I squeal automatically in shock as the cold water splashes onto my skin, his laugh floats to the top of the high ceilings once he has emerged.

He shakes his head flicking the water off his hair before running his hands through it to smooth it back. My throat dries up from the sight and I realise this was definitely a bad idea. How was I supposed to concentrate on not hurting him when he looks like that?

"Shelby?"

"Hmm?" I answer moving my eyes from his chest back up to his smiling face. Smug asshole knows what he is doing.

"Get in the pool sweetheart."

"Okay." I nod but make no move to walk forwards.

He chuckles before moving forwards in the water towards the steps and holding out a hand for me to take.

I hesitate only for a second before moving forwards and grasping his hand. His grip is tight, protective but still gentle and it helps to calm the pounding of my heart.

I inhale quickly once the bottom of my legs are under due to the shock of how cold the water feels. It's funny, when you first touch the water it always appears freezing but once you've submerged yourself it hugs you into this warmth, this peacefulness.