𝘚𝘪𝘹 - 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯

* * *

"I'm sorry what?"

"I'm sorry what?"

Coach asks looking completely shocked.

I nod my head while chewing on one of those pencil sweets. "Exactly my thoughts to."

He frowns annoyed that he has missed out on some of the gossip in our group. "So she said -"

"That I could only teach the kid if I let her try and heal my injury." I confirm stretching out my legs on the uncomfortable chairs at the rink.

"Wow." He gruffs his eyes widening slightly.

"Wow." I nod.

"So this is happening? Your going to teach Lucas and let her heal your shoulder?"

"Yeah." I shrug.

Easy peasy.

He looks unsure and it makes me question if he would even let me back on the team. If I was actually going to give this a shot then I needed to focus.

Unfortunately that meant coming off the alcohol. Luckily I wasn't addicted, I could go without whenever I wanted to, I had just been choosing not to.

"I'm going to try." I huff the puff of air leaving my lips from the cool bite from the rink. I narrow my eyes at him

He however shakes his head and crosses his arms, one hand coming up to scrub at his stubbled beard. "It's not that. I worry for Shelby."

"I'll watch Dino like a hawk." I promise.

"I'm worried how she is going to react with you."

My mouth parts as my mind races. What?

"I wouldn't ever hurt her." I snarl straightening up in my seat.

"Sit down you idiot." He grumbles. "I know you would never. Just be careful."

I calm slightly and think back to our conversation about her. He said she was wary of males. But to what extent and how much?

Like just didn't like us? Because I mean I would understand we can be a bunch of dicks a lot of the time. Or scared of men?

"I will. I have my first one tonight."

"Tonight?" He questions with a raised brow.

I nod looking at the watch on my left wrist and noting the time, "yeah in about half an hour."