𝟎𝟐. new school year

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢

" 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐘!" Amelia waved happily when she saw her best friend. " Hi!" Amelia approached Lily and they shared a hug. 

Not soon after, the friend group reunites, chatting and catching on the way but quickly part as Lily and Amelia had to go the Prefect meeting, and Mary and Marlene went to find a place to sit like the other students.

Meanwhile, James Potter, and other Marauders were sitting in their compartment, " You guys don't have to do this" Remus said in a worried tone. " We do! We can't help much as a person but we might actually do something in our Animagus form" Sirius reassured the boy. 

" But is it a good idea to keep this from Amelia?" 

" Duh? Do you want Amelia to get hurt?" James made a face at Peter and he immediately shook his head " Then keep it a secret, you know you can't tell Amelia everything" James scolded the boy softly as he sighed in defeat. 

" I mean, she will find out eventually"

" I know" James groaned " But telling her is just gonna make it worse"

" I understand that you like her but come on! We'll get nowhere if we don't have her help, she's a fucking genius" Sirius said, making James roll his eyes. " We will keep this as a secret as long as we can, okay?" James looked at the boys, and they nodded in agreement, looking at each other

" This is definitely illegal" 

Amelia and Lily were on their way back after the Prefect meeting, finding Mary and Marlene. The meeting went rather well, except when the Slytherin started sneering at Lily for being a muggle-born. Snape was with them. Amelia never trusted the boy but went along either way as Lily was friends with him. Lily said it was okay but Amelia knew she felt a little bit betrayed. 

 " I'm gonna check on the guys if that's okay" 

" You've been with them the whole summer! Just come hang out with us!" Lily groaned. " Just for a minute, please" Amelia basically begged the redhead, pouting her lips.

Lily rolled her eyes again but signaled her to go ahead, as Amelia smiled happily and walked quickly towards the boy's compartment. 

" Hey y'all" Amelia smiled as she opened the door to the Marauder's compartment. She looked around to see Mary and Marlene there.

" Hey! What are you doing here? We've been looking for you two" she sat down beside James as she took in his signature scent. " You're not the only one who's friends with the Marauders, Amy" Mary rolled her eyes, receiving a glare from Amelia. 

" I never said that?!"

" Sure... and sit down Lil" she turned to the standing Lily, who reductively sat down next to Amelia. 

James put his arm around her shoulders, releasing a breath he didn't know he was holding, as she didn't shift. Her skin was cool, slightly cold, despite the hot weather of summer, and his touch was warm... too warm but it felt perfect against her skin as she leaned into his touch. 

He could feel her silky hair tickling his skin, even when it was tied up to a ponytail by her scrunchy - his gift for Christmas when they were in 3rd year. 

He didn't know what happened but his eyes were closed, his face was fully relaxed, mouth gaping open when Amelia called him. 

His eyes snapped open at the loud noise. " You okay?" she asked, her face filled with worries. " Yeah," he nodded, as he gazed into her eyes.

Gosh, how could she be so beautiful, he thought. 

He could feel eyes staring at him, when he looked up, he saw Sirius and Marlene teasing him. He glared at the couple as if to tell them to shut up as he went back to listening to Amelia.