𝟏𝟑. cruel summer

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟯

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟯

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 at Hogwarts. She should feel happy that now she's going back. But it was the opposite. She felt something she hadn't felt in a long time.

She felt nervous about going back to Hogwarts. She and James hadn't talked all summer despite being at each other's house.

As their mothers were best friends in Hogwarts, they often invited each other over and would send the kids to their room. And they had been great at covering what was going on with the two.

They would sit at different corners of the room, each doing different things, only saying a word or two to each other every once in a while.

Now that she has to go back, she must see James every day. The other had tried to get them to talk again, which only started an argument between the two.

She arrived at the station like always. Marlene and Mary greeted her with big hugs.

She proceeded to go on the train with them. She saw James walking down the hallway. 'Shit' she mumbled under her breath. James seemed to acknowledge her too. They both looked at each other as they tried to walk past. James opened his mouth as if he was going to say something.

Amelia rolled her eyes, turning to get into one of the empty compartments. Marlene and Mary followed her inside, sending glares to James as they went.

"Hey, you okay?" Marlene asked, looking at Amelia worriedly. The brunette nodded, sighing.

A minute or two later, Lily arrived with a bright smile. "Hey babes!" she said, taking a look at the group before taking a seat next to Amelia. "Everything okay?" she asked, noticing the thick tension. Amelia nodded, "Yep, everything's okay. How's your summer?" the brunette asked, changing the subject.

They talked, catching up until Amelia had to go to the Prefect gathering.

She was about to open the door when she noticed someone rushing towards her. It was James.

He breathed heavily "Hey," He greeted "What are you doing here?" Amelia asked, it almost sounded like a hiss, her tone was cold and stern, which almost made James flinch.

"I'm a Prefect too..." He said slowly, fixing his posture. Amelia shook her head and didn't believe him until she saw the badge on his robe. She huffed, opened the door, and sat down.

James stood there for a second or two before sitting beside her. He sensed Amelia tensing up but ignored it. "Look, I said I'm sorry, okay? I mean it,"

"I don't know what you want me to do," He added. "Let's not talk about this, shall we?" She said, not looking at him.

He sighed, putting up his arms in defense, dropping it. Amelia felt bad but what was she supposed to do? Apologize? It was his fault.

The other Prefects finally arrived, and the meeting went on.

They soon arrived at Hogwarts and quickly settled down for dinner.

Amelia sat on her seat, playing with her food. The other girls looked at her concerned. "Sweetie, are you sure you're okay? You haven't taken a bite!" Lily said, her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Amelia sighed, nodding "Yeah, whatever..." Lily rolled her eyes at that "You gotta eat, Amy. Just lookin' out for ya," She shrugged. Amelia looked up guiltily "Sorry," She mumbled, Lily smiled softly at that but didn't say anything.

The ceremony was soon over. The girls were now back in their dorm room, all doing different things. Lily was putting away her clothes and essentials, while Mary and Lily were doing their skincare routine like always, Marlene was already fast asleep on her bed. 

"I really missed this, us being together back in our old dorm," Amelia giggled, saying rather quietly as to not cause Marlene to wake up. Lily and Mary nodded in agreement. 

"Oh, for the love of God! Go to sleep!" Marlene gruffed, attempting to throw her pillow at the girls but missed. The other girls all laughed at that.