𝟏𝟏. meet me at midnight

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒, being with your loved ones, eating nice dishes that they made together, sharing presents. This year was no different, there she was, on her way to the Potters. She had been invited to the Potters like every other year, so reluctantly, she had to agree, no matter what happened between her and James.

She had been able to convince her mother to let her stay there for a sleepover. Lily and Marlene were also invited, of course, also the Marauders as Remus had been able to convince Professor McGonagall to let him out of Hogwarts, luckily, it was just after the full moon.

She arrived at the Potters, standing beside her mother and Steve as her mother knocked on their door.

" Hi! Please, come in!" Euphemia opened the door, smiling widely as soon as she saw the family. " You look gorgeous as always, Nicole. You too, Amelia!" The elderly woman complimented. " Oh gosh, look at you, Steve. You're taller than Fleamont already! I remember when you were just a little boy," She continued as Fleamont chuckled from behind her.

Steve was quickly pulled aside by Fleamont to engage in a 'business' conversation at the Ministry, while Nicole was also pulled into a 'mother' conversation with Euphemia.

"Amelia!" A voice shouted, Amelia immediately recognize the voice was from the one and only Sirius Black.

She turned around to meet the scene of Sirius and James sliding down the staircase, rather dangerously. She quickly moved further away from the staircase, sending both of them a wide smile.

Sirius landed on the floor successfully but soon was pushed to the cold floor by James, who had not landed as successfully as Sirius.

The two shrieked as they fell over each other. Amelia swore she heard a 'crack' noise, which sounded like bones cracking. She quickly ran by their sides, checking if they were okay.

Of course, she was right, James was fine but she was pretty sure Sirius ' nose was not. Now crooked to the side, blood running under his nose.

Sirius groaned in pain, still laying flat on the ground. Amelia gasped, rushing to his side.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"Fucking hell," he muttered under his breath "Clearly not," the boy answered, louder this time.

The parents must have heard the loud 'thud' of the two boys falling down the staircase, now all running to the hall.

When Euphemia got into the room, meeting the scene of Sirius laying on the ground, nose damped with fresh red blood, she gasped, clearing the other two out of the room to fix Sirius's nose.

Dinner passed by rather quickly, Amelia found herself wandering to the balcony, with a cup of butter beer she had taken from the fridge.

I hear a 'click' sound coming from the door

I hear a 'click' sound coming from the door. I turn to see James standing there, still in his pyjamas, and he looks really sleepy, his eyes barely open.

He visibly straighten up when saw me.

"Hi," I say quietly, not even sure if he can hear me. "Hey," he says, sitting down in front of me, our knees touching.

"We never got to talk about it..." He said softly, looking at me hopefully.

Fuck.

"You've been ignoring me. I never got the chance,"

"I wasn't ignoring you," I lie. I was. I can't even be in the same room as him. Every time he walked in, I couldn't take my eyes off him, wondering how he would feel against me, how the warmth of his hands would be like on my body, my hips...

He shakes his head, chuckling. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. But God, he looks so handsome, how could he be so beautiful that effortlessly?

How the curls of his hair cover his eyes slightly, how his thin glasses fall on the tip of his nose...

Fucking hell. Do I like him? I can't. I can't be. I shouldn't be. But fuck, I know I do. It was obvious. Everyone could see right through it.

He gets closer to me, our faces inches away from each other, I could feel his breath on me.

"Sure," he says teasingly, oblivious to my staring issues.

I roll my eyes, deciding I could act on to let this go "You were the one who kissed me,
drunk,"

I crack a convincing smile, making him smile wider, nodding in agreement.

"We're friends, James. I don't wanna ruin anything,"

 I don't wanna ruin anything,"

Friends. That's how she sees us. It hurts. It hurts to hear that. We've always had a flirty relationship. Friendship or not.

"Friends?" I ask, my tone dripping with sarcasm.

She gives me a confused look.

"I love you, Amelia," I blurt out before I can stop myself.

She let out a quiet 'oh'. My heart drops. I could see it, it was clear. She doesn't like me back.

I felt so silly. What was I thinking? Confessing to my best friend of 3 years... But I knew I couldn't hide it any longer.

I love her more than anything.