𝟎𝟖. living in a dream

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

"𝐀𝐌𝐘? 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔," 

Lily and Amelia snapped their heads toward the sound. It was James.

" Oh piss off, Potter" Lily hissed. ignoring her words, James chuckled, " Did you have a bad day, Evans? I just want to talk to Amelia here,"

James walked forwards, approaching the girls, making amelia speak up " What do you want?"

James stopped, " Can we talk?" James's gaze turned to Lily " Alone," he added, not so innocently. Lily rolled her eyes at him.

Sighing, Amelia nodded, whispering to Lily as she walked past, saying it was okay before following James. Making sure lily had gone to the girl's dorm, Amelia broke the silence between them.

" What do you want, James?"

" I-" he thought about confronting her about her distancing herself, it was just not the right moment, plus he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. " Sirius's birthday is next week. I just think we should do something for him" " Like a surprise party?" she smiled sweetly at him, feeling bad for being harsh at him earlier. James nodded

" Okay then, but can we talk about this tomorrow? It's getting late" James nodded, looking at the clock, a bit disappointed but let her go. She flashed him a smile before going into the girls' dorm.

Amelia woke up on her bed like usual, her head ringing due to her lack of sleep from last night ( as she stayed up rambling to Lily about James, to which Lily fell asleep during the talk).

Amelia peeked her head up to see Marlene and Mary walking out of the bathroom, Lily already at the other side of their shared dorm, doing her morning routine.

"Amelia! Thank merlin you woke up," Marlene shoved two dresses in her face and continued " Which one do you think is better," one was a bodycon blue dress, and the other was a black strapless dress.

"The black one?" Amelia said as she eyed both dresses carefully.

Mary whopped, while Marlene groaned, pouting " You're supposed to be on my side, Amy,"

Amelia shrugged as she stood up from her bed to get changed. After taking a hot shower ( and getting into her uniform), and putting on her make-up, trying to cover her dark circles, which was gained from her sleepless night.

Amelia had always had trouble sleeping and a bad sleeping schedule but she always had at least 4 hours of sleep, but the situation she was in just made it worse.

Potion was their first class of the day. Amelia didn't like or dislike the subject, but the worst part is that James sit next to her.

James must have noticed her distancing herself, so he always tried to talk to her, which she always ignored. She hated to see him frowning, but she was afraid that it would be awkward between them.

"Today we are going to learn about Amortentia," professor Dawlish said.

"Amy," James whined, pulling her hair, making her hiss quietly in pain. "What do you want, James? I am clearly trying to study if you want to talk about Sirius's birthday, we could talk about this later" she said, still taking notes.

"Why are you not talking to me? Did I do something wrong?"

amelia turned to stare at him for a second before shaking her head " No, no, no, you didn't. And I'm not ignoring you"

"You are" James chuckled at her awkwardness, closing the distance. " Am not, i-"

" Miss Harrington and Mister Potter!" Dawlish shouted, making the two jump " May I ask you why you two are talking in my class?"

When they didn't say anything, the teacher shouted again " 20 points from Gryffindor and detention, the both of you!"

James opened his mouth to argue but Dawlish dismissed him " Keep your mouth shut, mister potter, or else I will take 50 points from Gryffindor," and that shut James up immediately.

After the bell rang, Dawlish dismissed the class. The girl walked out of the classroom, still pissed at James for getting them both in detention.

"Amy!" James shouted from behind. amelia stopped her track and turned her head to look at him. " What?" the girl sighed tiredly as she continue her way to her Greenhouse. " I just want to say sorry,"

" Okay," the boy furrowed his eyebrows at her harsh words " What's wrong?" James pulled her arms so she would stop walking away. " Nothing!" Amelia was able to pull her arm away from his grip and started to walk away again.

James ran to catch up with her, still trying to talk to her " You have Herbology next, right?"

" How do you know that?" Amelia looked at him, slightly amused. " I know everything," James smirked, let out a chuckle, making amelia unable to keep off the grin on her face, using her hair to cover her face.

They kept walking their way towards the Greenhouse, James trying to keep the conversation between them, though Amelia's answers were short, some are a bit harsh, but that was enough for him as they haven't talked for over a week, which was driving him crazy.

"I don't remember you having herbology?"

"I don't, I have a free period" Amelia nodded as she put some candy into her mouth," Candy?" she offered, taking some more out of her pocket " Yeah, of course, thanks,"

He unwrapped the candy, before putting it in his mouth, humming at the sweet and sugary taste.

When they arrived at the greenhouse, they said their goodbyes and separated ways.