𝟏𝟐. right where you left me

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 a few months since James confessed his love. He knew he fucked up. He left quickly after he finally processed what he had done and confessed that he had a crush on his best friend of 3 years. 

From how Lily and the Marauders reacted, he knew it was a dumb decision. And he hated himself for that. But at the same time, he was confused. 

They kissed. 

They kissed on Sirius' birthday. Not the best date. And all though he was drunk and didn't remember much, he did remember that the kiss was genuine.

He was obviously drunk. And he definitely didn't know if the kiss really happened or if he had a dream about it (which definitely happened a lot), but from the lipstick stain on his lips when he woke up, and how she acted after and last night, he was sure. 

Amelia was walking around Hogwarts' grounds, trying to get her mind off James and that was when she heard cheering from afar. She approached the crowd, only to realize Snape was levitating in the air, fighting to come down. 

"Who wants to see me take off Snivellus' trousers?" Someone said. Amelia noticed the voice, it was James. 

She felt a tap on her shoulders, she turned around to see Lily. "Hey, what's going on?" Lily asked. "It's James," Amelia replied. Lily fought her way in, dragging Amelia in with her. 

"Potter! Let him down," Lily demanded, catching the eye of the brunette boy, "I will if you go on a date with me," He smirked. 

what? "James... Let Snape down," Amelia said calmly, appearing behind Lily but there was still some sternness in her tone.

James' eyes widen in realization, dropping his wand immediately. "Amy," He started but was cut off by Snape.

"I don't need help from a mudblood like you," The crowd gasped. 

Lily's eyes filled with tears and disbelief. The redhead turned around and pushed her way from the crowd. Her red hair covered her face as she walked angrily away. 

Amelia sent a glare to James and Sirius before, following Lily. But she was already nowhere to be seen. "Amy!" She heard James call. She groaned, clearly annoyed "What?"

"Are you pissed at me?" James asked. 

"Yes! James, you can't just confess your love to me and then the next day, ask out my best friend ?!" She snapped, "You know, I was actually feeling the same for you, but I guess not anymore,"

James' features soften, "Look, I'm sorry. It's just... I was trying to move on, I didn't know you were there. It was a joke," He tried to explain. "Move on? To my best friend? I don't think that's how it works, Potter," 

She turned around and walked away. James stood there, eyes lingering on her as she walked away from him.