𝟏𝟎. what happened?

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡

❝ 𝐎𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒❜𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑❞ Sirius groaned, palming his face with his hands. " What happened between you two?"

"What?" James tore his eyes away from the door for a second " I saw you and Amy went somewhere together last night," Remus eyed James suspiciously. 

Peter gasped " Did you two have sex?" 

" No! Ew, what's wrong with you guys?" " Yeah, shore," Sirius rolled his eyes, making James glare at the boy. " Just spit it out, no need to be shy, eh?" Sirius joked, nudging the boy with his arm.

"Hey! Nothing happened. I'm just worried about her, she seemed... off last night," he quickly lied, glancing toward the door one last time before turning his body fully back to the group. 

" Let's talk about something else more important, shall we?" they all groaned, knowing what was coming up next " Everything's going to be fine, James. You've been going on about this since summer,"

"Tryout is this afternoon and I don't want to fuck up. Being captain of the quidditch team is important," James said seriously and ruffled his hair to mess it up more.

 " It's fine, James. you will do great!" came a voice James immediately realized who it was.

Amelia flopped into her usual seat between James and Sirius. " Are you joining this year?" 

" No? I thought I made it clear that I suck at quidditch? Plus... I'm scared of heights" The boys nodded knowingly " My cousin's joining though,"

"Tiffany?" Amelia hummed at that, mouth full of toast " Oh yeah! She's great, I talked to her once or twice before," Peter said, and Amelia smirked at that. 

" Oh! You two would be great together!" Amelia gasped at the thought, clapping her hand together. The boy blushed but smiled to himself.

" That girl with curly brown hair? The one I saw at your house last summer?" Sirius asked, looking confused as he shoved bread into his full mouth. " No, and why are you eating like that? I can't believe you pull,"

Sirius shrugged. Sirius has always been famous for hooking up with girls. He had never been in a serious relationship before, and even if he did, it was for at least 3 months. But Amelia knew that he fell for every girl he dated, maybe feelings for some of the girls he hooked up with, but she also knew that it would take a very long time for him to grow up. 

" But I'll be there to support though, you're all joining this team right?" she turned back to the topic, and all the boys nodded. " Don't be biased, okay?" she warned the brunette boy, glaring at him slightly while she took a sip from her cup of butter beer. 

James put his hand up into the air, " I didn't say anything," 

" I told you, Rem, she's scary," Peter whispered to Remus, the taller boy snickered. 

" What was that?" She turned her gaze towards Peter and Remus, her eyebrow arched. " Nothing," Peter said, quickly, almost too quickly. 

" Told ya,"

Sooner than James thought, it was already lunch. 1 more hour until try-out. He reminded himself, getting in his Quidditch suit. 

He walked to the Great Hall and sit with his friends at their usual seats. The group sat in silence as the boy aggressively put food on his plate. " Why are we sitting in silence like weirdos? Can I say something now?" Sirius asked, looking at everyone for permission.

" Go on, Black. No one's saying anything," Remus retorted, ignoring the face Sirius was giving him. 

" James, can you eat less aggressively? It's really annoying," Amelia looked at him " No offense," she added quickly.

 James looked at her sheepishly, nodding as he chewed quieter. 

" What's wrong, buddy? Tryout's gonna be fine! You're the captain, it's not like you're gonna get kicked out of the team," Marlene tried to cheer him up but it didn't really work, though, James did give her a thankful smile. 

" She does have a point there, Jamie," Sirius said, as James cringed at the nickname. " Don't call me that,"

" Come on, Amy calls you that all the time," Sirius rolled his eyes, pointing an accusing finger at Amelia. " Amy's... different," James said hesitantly.

" Yeah, I'm more important to James than you," Amelia sniggered, as Sirius glared at her "Hey, it's only the nickname!"

"Sure, if you insist," 

" Come on! We're gonna be late for try-out," 

Try-out went faster and a lot easier than James thought it would be. But still, he had a difficult time choosing which one would make it on the team. 

James takes Quidditch very seriously and even thinks of being a professional after Hogwarts. He was obviously choosing Sirius to be on the team, he was a bit biased but Sirius was one of the best, and Amelia's cousin - Tiffany - also made it to the team. He tried to not play favorites but the two were undeniably good.

" Have trouble with the try-out?" Sirius asked as he walked from the bathroom. " I thought it went well?" 

" Yeah, well, now I have to choose who's gonna be on the team, it's really hard since all of them were pretty good,"

" Who have you chosen already?" Sirius poked his head at James's note. " It's been two hours and you have only chosen me- thank you by the way - and Tiffany?"

" That's the problem, Sirius. You know I take Quidditch very seriously," 

" Everyone knows that," Remus rolled his eyes, taking the note, and reading it carefully. "Just choose the ones that score the most or the ones that have the best techniques," James nodded, looking hesitantly at his notes before choosing the players. 

"Are you guys excited for Christmas break?" Peter asked, peaking out his bed-curtains. " Yes! Finally, for once in my life," Sirius groaned out in excitement at the thought of finally getting away from his family. 

"What about you, Rem?"

" Eh... I guess," He answered, not sounding so excited about staying at the hospital.

" You can come to my house. I'm sure my parents will be fine with that," James put away his notes as he got onto his bed, looking at Remus. " You too, Peter,"

" I'll ask the Matron," Remus replied, and James nodded at that, turning the lights off. " Good nights, boys," James said, getting 'good night's back and they all dozed off to sleep.

A/N: Weird ending but I hope you enjoy it!