33

Mirajane.

Armin and I rushed to Alec and Blazs's ward. I could feel my heart picking up speed the closer we got to the door. A kind of nervous anticipation filled me from the inside out making me bewildered. But all thoughts left my mind when Armin pushed open the door to reveal the room.

They were both sitting and leaning against the bed frame. Fiona is fussing around Alec who had a smile on his face while Emma was adjusting Blaze's pillow and as usual, he had a neutral expression on his face.

Robin and Jayden were also present and they had smiles and eminent relief on their faces. 

"Hey." I greeted.

Alec and Blaze's eyes snapped to mine and I watched as the two different shades of green brighten at the sight of me. My mood lightens under their gaze as a smile appeared on my lips.

"Hey." Fiona smiled brightly.

"You look relieved." I chuckled.

"I am."

"At least now she can start eating and sleeping well." Jayden rolled his eyes.

"How can you expect me to when my child is in a coma?" She glanced askance at him.

"He's my child too. And I still eat and sleep well." He shrugged.

"How shameless." She snorted in disdain.

"..." he could only speechlessly stare at her.

Even as I listened to Fiona and Jayden banter, my eye were drinking in the sight of Blaze and Alec.

"Oh look, she's infatuated." Emma snickered at me while Robin smirked. I showed them the finger as I let go of Armin's hand and walked over towards Alec whose bed was closer.

The closer I got to him, the warmer and deeper his smile became. And...the faster—for whatever reason—my heart beats. When I stood in front of him, I reached my hand out and gently laid it on his forehead. I felt him shiver under my touch but I didn't withdraw my hand.

"Do you know how worried I was?" I whispered to him as I looked from him to Blaze whose eyes had been glued on me.

"Were you really worried?" Alec whispered back.

"What do you think?" I tapped his forehead.

"Mira." He said.

"Alec."

"I—" he cut himself off when he looked over my shoulder. I followed his gaze to see Fiona and the others staring blankly at us. That's when I realized his arm was around my waist while mine were around his neck.

My eyes widened as they searched for hazle orbs around the room. When our gazes met, I felt goosebumps erupt on my arms from the deep and dark look he was giving me. His eyes weren't glued to Alec's hand around my waist or mine around his neck. They were glued to my face.

He's studying us. Camille whimpered making me shiver.

I wondered whether anything inappropriate was shown on my face. I definitely didn't have romantic feelings towards Alec. If I were to roughly define whatever this was, I would say it was more of an indulgence of his romantic feelings for me.

It was messed up, I know. But I don't want Armin to misunderstand or get hurt so I moved away from Alec. He was the most important, my Hazel.

"Mira..." Alec's tone had a tint of being wronged but I refused to meet his eyes. I could feel the guilt already without looking into those green orbs.