6

Mirajane.

Armin's house or should I say Manor was situated in the middle of the woods. It was a three-storeyed building with a black rod gate that opened up to a spiral driveway with trees and a huge statue of a howling wolf.

There was a wraparound porch that led to the glass-frosted front door. The outside walls of the manor were made up of strong-looking rich brown wood. The windows were floor-to-ceiling and frosted over, complimenting the dark tone of the wooden walls.

"Wow," I said again for the second time.

"The inside is even better right?" Emma smiled. I never got to look around the interior so I eagerly entered the house.

"Somebody is eager to see their mate." She chuckled making me blush a little.

As I looked around the interior, I was quite taken aback by the contrast. The walls were a refreshing white colour which was so blunt when compared to the dark wood exterior.

The living room was a large open space with high ceilings and marble floors. The couches and recliners were the same coffee brown as the ones in Armin's bedroom. They faced away from the open kitchen space towards the large flat-screen TV. There were four floor-to-ceiling windows; two on either side of the TV set and the other on either side of the front door.

A spiraling staircase with polished light brown railings led up to the second floor

"Better indeed." I mumbled, "But it doesn't feel or look homey." I added when I noticed the bare walls. The room was cold and empty. Except for the furniture of course.

"Armin is, well, Armin." Robin shrugged simply, "he gets snappy when we are even in his space. He'll have our heads if we do anything to the place." He said with Emma nodding along.

"It's true. He only ever lets Alec, Robin, and I in here." She said.

"Well not to worry, I'll do something about it," I said with a smile.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded, "then I'm looking forward to it." She smiled.

"So...what do you wanna eat?" Robin asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Anything that can happen in three counts," I said while looking around the kitchen.

The cabinets were a deep red and the walls the same white as the living room. There was a glass sliding door that led outside to the yard. A counter with a granite top starts from my right and curves towards the refrigerator and cooker. A microwave and an oven were placed on top of it.

A long island with high-back chairs was placed in the middle of the large space with a black chandelier hanging above. I took a seat on one of the chairs and looked on as Robin rummaged through one of the cabinets.

"We have beacon, sausages and cereals. Pick your pick." He said.

"Hum, cereals. Definitely cereals." I replied.

"Okay. Give me a few." He answered.

"So Micah, tell me about yourself." Emma said, "What's your favourite colour?"

"Hazel with a tint of golden," I said absent-mindedly.

"That's very specific." She said with a knowing look making me blush, "Mine is green." She added.

"How old are you?" She asked again.

"Twenty. You?" I replied.

"Me too!" She grinned.

"Cool." I grinned right back.

I wonder how old Armin was.

"Armin's twenty-seven." She said suddenly making me perk up.