42

Third person's POV.

Domino effect.

A cumulative effect produced when one event initiates a succession of other events.

In the eastern werewolf empire, this domino effect was the sudden disappearance of one-hundred and ninety packs. This alarming and abrupt incident shocked a lot of wolves and chilled them to the bones.

Suddenly, all those packs that were naive enough to think they would be left out of the battle if they just submitted broke in a cold sweat. The other races in the eastern empire all tightly guarded their territories and prevented any wolf or magician from coming close. Whatever it was they were doing, those races had no interest in it.

The incident happened two days ago and ever since then, the sky took on an ominous blood red color; there was no sun or moon, just a red horizon that stretched as far as the eyes could see.

Because of such a strange phenomenon, a lot of packs had been shocked into action. Especially those who initially wished to side with Cullen and the magicians, they all ran to BlueMoon with their tails between their legs.

After holding a meeting the day before, their ally count suddenly shot up from the initial one-thousand-one-hundred and ten to five-hundred and eighty thousand. The leap was so drastic it left most of them speechless for a while.

After that came the problem of organizing the battle regiments all the while keeping an eye on the movements of their enemies. They not only had to make sure to allocate enough power to hold down the frontlines but also had to leave warriors to guard their respective packs in case of a sneak attack.

After all not all pack was like BlueMoon were every single wolf was in a league of their own. It was while Armin and the various Alphas were in a meeting discussing the matter of allocation that a warrior came and reported the sudden appearance of a vampire.

It turned out to be the crown prince of the eastern vampires, Damon Ivory, who came with an offer to join hands with them, shocking a lot of the Alphas present.

"Bring him in." Armin told the warrior who bowed before leaving.

"What is a vampire coming here for?"Atticus, one of the Alphas, asked with a scowl.

"We'll see when he enters right?"

A few seconds later, Damon stood clad in casual wears in the middle of the meeting room facing all the wolves staring at him in distrust with a calm expression. His pumpkin orange irises emotionlessly stared round the room before meeting Armin's.

"It's been a while." His voice sounded cold.

"Indeed. What brings you here?" Armin replied, he had a vague idea of the reason why.

"The people at the center of this storm captured my little brother after slaughtering the vampirs in his coven." Damon said.

Armin made a low sound in his throat. He knew there was something suspicious about the vampire he heard Raven Fang caught. Who would've thought he would turn out to be a member of the eastern vampirs? He heard that Alaric, the vampire King, doted a lot on his youngest son.

Based on how radical vampires were, it was no surprise that they were willing to
join into the war just to settle the score with the magicians.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Armin said after a while.

"Let us join." Damon coldly replied invoking ripples of murmurs of distrust from the Alphas. At the same time, waves of oppression came at him from all corners of the room but he didn't even flinch. After all he was the future vampire king himself, only an Alpha king could pressure him.