9

Mirajane.

Something, whatever it was, was continuously ringing and it was so very annoying.

"Ugh!" I let out angrily as I waved my hand around to get rid of the annoying sound.

It didn't work. The thing continued ringing.

"What the hell?!" I groaned and slightly raised from the bed to look around. My phone's lit-up screen came into my sight making me frown.

I looked out the window to see it was still dark outside. I pursed my lips in annoyance and glared at the phone before picking it up.

"Emma Michaelson, are you insane?!" I growled.

"Woah. It's not Em. It's me, Robin." He said and my frown deepened.

"What? Robin?" I asked in confusion before glancing at the phone screen and sure enough, his name was on the caller ID.

Something else caught my attention. The freaking time. Oh, he better have something important to say or so help me...

"Yeah." He said.

"Well, what's the matter?" I asked impatiently.

"I just wanted to um...you know...I wanted to—" he stuttered.

"What?!" I snapped in irritation, feeling eager to get back to sleep.

"If you would cook for me...us...later." He said, his voice lowering after each word.

I gaped at my phone screen for a few
seconds before snarling, "That's why you freaking called me up at five in the freaking morning?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

He let out an awkward laugh which only irritated me more.

"You're are a dead man!" I gritted before hanging up. He immediately started to call me back and I growled in annoyance.

Long pressing the side button, I powered off the phone before flinging it away. It clattered across the floor somewhere but I didn't give a damn.

Head filled with thoughts of how to strangle the idiot called Robin, I fell into a deep slumber.

*****************
When I woke up again, the sky was brightly lit, indicating that it was a bit into the morning.

I frowned when I recalled Robin's phone call last night.

"Idiot. Just you wait..." I muttered as I headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

After I was done washing up, I dressed in an off-shoulder white crop top, black skinny jeans, and my nude flats.

With my hair up in a bun, I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. The digital clock on the living room wall showed the time to be 8:50 a.m.

I started by boiling the hot water for the tea before cutting up the ingredients for the egg vegetable stir fry.

I made a list of the basic foodstuffs last week and gave it to Robin. The idiot almost bought out the entire food store.

"Hey." Em's voice suddenly came from behind me.

"Morning," I answered back.

"What are you making?"

"Egg vegetable stir fry."

"What's that?"

"Scrambled egg fried with some veggies." I shrugged as I started frying the vegetables.

"Hum? Let me see how you make it." She said before coming to stand beside me.

I hummed in reply while continuously stirring the vegetables. When they were done to my liking, I poured the already beat-up egg into the pan and continued to stir-fry it.