39

Mirajane.

In the living room of the manor, Armin, Sividus and I were sitting and facing the woman in white standing in front of us.

"Esmeray, you're Esmeray aren't you?" Sividus stared at the woman, his voice was filled with agitation.

I couldn't count the number of times he asked her that question already. It was the night—not that you could tell at all, the sky was a deadly crimson hue—of the day Raven Fang, those twisted bastards, sacrificed all those people. The initial high and anger gave away to repressed rage and determination.

Determination to see them dead and wiped off the face of the earth. There was a certain stillness to the vibe around the empire, the kind that existed after a disaster. I was sure by tomorrow, the pack would be filled to the brim with Alphas visitations.

In a sick twisted way, I was actually very smug that they would run over to us with their tails between their legs in fear. Especially after the crap they pulled in the meeting some days ago. Camille was right, Lunatic's allies would not be off to a good end.

Nick was locked off in his room and brooding while Ricco and Eva were trying to cheer him. Deimos and Jayden along with Harvey, Evan, Angus and Julien were making last minute arrangements for our forces.

Andrea and Fiona, Gran and Avalon were together in the arcade pouring through Raven Fang's spells while my famillias were busy training themselves. The incident this time around gave us a huge shock, no, it gave the entire empire a huge shock.

"She said she's not." Armin said, earning himself a deadly glare.

"You've seen how she looks!" He snapped as he stood up. He walked to where she stood and settled his hands on her shoulders, "Esmeray, it's me, don't you know me?"

"I know you. You are the Lord of ice, Asura of the underworld, and also the Lady's man." She bowed her head and said respectfully.

"Him as well." She inclined her head towards Armin.

"No, damn it! It's me! Ic...Ichor! Can't you remember!?"

"I only know you as the Lord."

"Esmeray! Please...!"

I had never seen him so desperate and agitated before. I looked at Armin who shrugged, looking nonchalant.

"Sividus." I called him.

It took a while before he turned and looked at me, his eyes still holding desperation in their midst, it shocked me when I saw the tears in them.

He was agitated and desperate to the point of tears.

He stared at me and then turned around and stared at Quillin, he did that for a while before finally moving over and sitting down beside me.

"Come, Dusk, it's time I show you what happened with Esmeray, my first woman." He beckoned me over.

I scooted closer to him and leaned into his arms before closing my eyes. A dizzying pull came over me and I felt like I was falling.

***********
When I opened my eyes, it was to the sight of a sprawling mountainous area surrounded by dense forestry. The sky was blue and clear and the sounds of bird chirping filled the air.

I looked around to see a large settlement a few meters away from where I stood. The houses were made of red stones and the roads were rough and uneven, seeming to have taken shape after being walked on for a long long time.

It was a bustling town with street stalls selling different kinds of foods and attractions, with hawkers calling out to the people walking around the streets while the little children ran about.