7. sleepover

Max POV

Tonight, I was having a sleepover with Tara and Darcy. Elle was gonna go but it was Charlie's birthday and they were going bowling. Elle had invited us but we didn't really know Charlie so we we're having a sleepover instead.

It was also Nick's date with Imogen.
"Hey watcha doing?" I asked as I poked my head around Nick's door.
"Jesus Max, and I am making a birthday present for Charlie," he said.
"Your going to his party?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said.
"But what about your date with Imogen?" I asked.
"Oh I'm going to that as well, Charlie's party starts at 4, so I'll go after," he explained.
"Okay," I huffed unconvinced.

I had packed my bag and then ran downstairs to leave. I got in the back of the car and played my songs on the radio. To my brothers dismay, it consisted of Harry Styles, Taylor Swift.
"Why can't you play good music?" He asked me.
"What do you mean? This is good music," I told him.

Soon we had arrived at Tara's house. "Bye," I said.
"Have fun baby," Mum said.
"Love you," I said.
"Love you too," she smiled. I got out of the car and knocked the door.

"Max!" I heard Darcy shout.
"Hey Darce," I laughed.
"Woo! Let's get this third wheel party started," she said which made me laugh.

We walked upstairs to Tara's room. She had a cute room. It had white walls and little shelves with cactuses on them and little trinkets.

She had floral duvet and light grey long curtains. One of the main things I noticed in her room though when I walked in properly was a lesbian flag with a load of pictures of Tara and Darcy around it.

We sat on her bed and talked.
"So, what's the deal with you and Imogen?" Darcy asked.
"Oh, well we're friends. She helped me with B*n and we'd been spending morning detention with her," I explained.
"That's cool, she seems alright, it was just a bit awkward the other day when she was asking all those questions about Nick and Me," Tara said.
"Yeah, I get that. But she had always been Nick's friend and she always fancied him. We had only became friends wore recently because her friend Amy left." I told them.
"Oh yeah Amy Swan, I remember her, she never liked us," Darcy said.
"Yeah I'm pretty sure she didn't like me either. Probably thought I was gonna steal her friendship," I said.

A little while later, we had Pizza and Ice-Cream. Tara put a film on her tv. It was Inside out.
"Why this film?" Darcy asked offended by the option.
"Why not, it's cute," Tara said and she played it.

A bit later, we got bored so we left the film running and played truth or dare.
"Ok Darcy, Truth or Dare?" I asked.
"Hmmm...Dare," she said.
"Ok, I dare you to phone a random contact that I choose and prank call them," I said.
"Okie dokey," Darcy said and handed me her phone.

I scrolled through her contacts until I found Bitch👹.
"Who's this?" I asked showing her the contact.
"My mother," Darcy said rolling her eyes.

She grabbed the phone and called the number.
"Hello, this is Jacky from car insurance, we heard you got into an accident lately," Darcy said in a accent. All 3 of us were trying so hard not to burst into laughter.
"Urrr no, Darcy piss off," Darcy's mother said.
"Who is Darcy? I am Jacky?" Darcy asked in the same accent.
"Fuck off twat I'm not stupid you hopeless wreck," Darcy's mum said before she hung up the phone.
"Well, she seems positive tonight," Darcy said sarcastically. Tara hugged her.
"Darcy's parents aren't homophobic from what we're aware, they just pick on her and critique her for everything," Tara explained to me and I nodded.
"Why can't I just live with you? We could then sleep in the same bed every night and we could be together forever," Darcy asked.
"You do realise my parents would make you sleep in the spare room, right?" Tara said.

Just then I got a notification on my phone. I picked it up and looked at it.

Hey do you know where your brother is?
~ Imogen

He was at Charlie's birthday. He said
It would be done by now. I'll text him
give me a sec
~Max

I looked for Nick's name in my phone and dialled it.
"Nick! Where are you! Imogen said your not at the date," I said. Tara and Darcy looked at me. They wanted the gossip.
"Max, I was just about to phone you. What the hell did you do?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Look at B*n's story. It will give you all the answers," he said mad and then hung up.

I opened B*n's story and gasped.

Just a friendly reminder that @notmaxnelson is a druggie. She used me to get her vapes as I was older and she begged me not to tell anyone because otherwise she would get in more trouble. Don't trust this compulsive liar if you know what's good for you

I turned my phone off and chucked it on the floor. A tear fell down my face.

I felt Darcy and Tara's arms embrace me.
"What's wrong?" Tara asked. I grabbed my phone and showed them what he'd wrote.
"Oh..." Tara said.
"I'm sorry if you can't trust me. I know how bad that is," I said.
"No...it's alright. Everyone makes mistakes," Darcy said.
"But...Nick's mad at me. He's never mad at me no matter how bad the thing I do is," I said.
"Don't worry about it. I'm sure it will smooth itself out and if it doesn't. We're always here for you," Tara said.
"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked.
"Because, we're your friends and we care about you." Darcy said. We all hugged again and relaxed before we all got so tired we fell asleep.