24. holiday

Max POV

When we got home from the beach, I sat on my bed to relax. I was exhausted. I could hear Nick shouting about him loosing a pair of googles and I rolled my eyes.

I probably should be packing, however I decided that I would wait until David arrived. I'd then have the excuse to stay away from him.

I still hadn't really told my mum that I had a girlfriend, but i'm pretty sure she knew. I had spent a lot of time with Imogen, especially out of the house. Imogen had tried to come out to her parents, however they did really understand and weren't that interested and thought she was just doing it for attention. After that conversation, Imogen spent a lot more time with me.

I heard the doorbell and it being opened. There was a noise downstairs and I knew that David was home.

I sighed and decided to start getting my stuff ready for my holiday. I had a few play suits, a bucket hat, swimming costumes, a towel, some shorts and t-shirt and a few hoodies and jeans just in case it was cold.

Once I had got all my stuff together, I went to grab my suitcase. I saw David.
"Maxine,"
"Hi David,"
"Still Gay?"
"Yup! I even have a girlfriend," I said with a smile.
"Disgusting,"
"...Do you not like girls?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Well, If it's disgusting to date girls...does that mean you like guys?"
"No idiot, It's gross for girls to date girls,"
"Oh well,"

I went downstairs and saw my mum.
"Your happy, what happened?" she asked.
"why do i have to be happy to something bad to have happened?" i asked.
"because your brother is here and after last time, i guessed you wouldn't be in a great mood," my mum said.
"can't i just be happy?"
"fine, have you finished packing?"
"yep pretty much,"
"good, now i know it will be hard for you and your brother to get along and i understand that but-"

"You're gay too!"

the voice of my older brothers shouting echoed the house.

I walked upstairs and peered into Nick's room. He looked nervous.
"He's bi actually," I said to David in a matter of fact tone.
"What does that mean?" David scoffed.
"It means I like guys and girls," Nick explained.
"Did you turn him?" David asked me facing him.
"Bahaha no! Nick was bi before me actually," I said.
"Christ this is a mad house!" David yelled and stormed out of Nick's room pushing me out of the way.
"Are you ok?" I asked him.
"I guess," He said and I nodded.
"David's a dick," I told him.
"Yep," Nick said and I hugged him
"Did you have any trouble from him?" Nick asked me.
"Yeah but I handled it. He asked me why i liked girls and i said don't you? It wound him up," I said.

Nick pulled away slightly to look at me. "I bet he's downstairs now complaining to mum," Nick said.
"Haha 100%," I laughed.

Me and Nick sat in his room for a bit. He put on a marvel film to make us feel better and we led there together. It made Nick feel better and so it made me happy.

When we arrived in Majorca, David whined when he found out Nick and him were in the same room. My mum told him he would be fine while me and Nick looked at eachother sniggering.
"We really should've brought Charlie, he wouldn't have minded," I said and that tipped Nick over the edge and he burst into laughter.

Mum and David looked at him.
"Sorry, sorry," he said and turned to me still chuckling.

The holiday was fun. we mainly stayed in the hotel but there were multiple pools, some water slides and a beach.

Me and Nick stayed together for the majority of our stay.
"Let's go on the blue and green slide!" I said to Nick.
"What are you crazy!!" Nick asked.
"Cmonnn, it's our last day!"
"Ok, fine," Nick said.

The blue and green slides were at the top of the highest stairs. They we're capsules that you stood in and then the floor would disappear and you'd drop.

We got to the top of the stairs.
"You nervous?" I asked.
"Little bit," Nick said and i squeezed his arm.
"You'll be fine," I told him.

I went into the green one. Nick was opposite in the blue.

3.

2.

1.

Whoosh!

I fell into the slide with all the twists and turns. It was actually really fun.

Nick was there when I got out.
"Did you like?" I asked.
"Yeah, it was fun!" he said and i smiled.

We we're back in the hotel and I was on my phone. I got a text. It was Imogen.

Imogen🦋

hey can i call you? ~ Imogen

Yeah, are you ok? ~ Max

Can you just call me? ~ Imogen

I went outside the room and walked to the lobby. I picked up the call with Imogen.

"Hey, Immy are you ok?"
"N-No,"
"Hey, what's the matter?" I asked quickly.
"I-I m-my parents kicked me out,"
"Omg what! why?" I asked shocked.
"My parents found out about you,"
"Oh Immy i'm so so sorry,"
"It's ok Maxy, it's not your fault. besides I don't care. I love you," Imogen said.
"I love you too, have you got somewhere safe to go?" I asked.
"N-No, your just the first person i wanted to call," She said.
"Ok, call Tara. She might be able to help for one night, I can ask my mum," I said.
"Ok, bye I love you,"
"Love you too,"

I hung up and knocked on the hotel door. I had been locked out. My mum opened the door and I fell into her arms crying.
"Hey, Max," She said. "Hey what's wrong sweetie?"
"I- Imogen,"
"Come and sit down darling,"

I sat on the edge of the bed and told my mum everything.
"I-It's all my fault," I cried.
"Sweetie don't blame yourself and of course Imogen can stay," My mum said and I nodded.

I got a text on my phone.

I'm staying at Tara's ~ Imogen

I smiled and put my phone down. She was safe. My Immy was ok.