Part Seventeen: The Master Suite

I spend another hour in the lounge, making plans for the fashion show and it isn't until Patrick shows up that I realize how late it is. Alex and I were already here hours before, but now it's past sunset and I'm growing more tired by the second.

I had called Patrick to come by the hotel, explaining everything that his father had said to me about working a few hours here and there to get a room for free. Patrick seemed genuinely impressed by his father's kindness, I am as well. Alex didn't have to offer me a room, but he did and I really am grateful for that.

"Can we head up to your room?" Patrick asks me as he yawns, scratching the back of his head, "I've had a long day and a hot shower seems ideal."

I, too, have had a long day. I'm just so focused on this project and not letting Conrad down that I haven't let my tiredness get the best of me. But Patrick is right, a hot shower sounds perfect right about now.

I nod my head, gathering my paperwork from the table, "Yeah, I just need to go to the front desk and get the key."

Patrick takes my hand and intertwines my fingers with his, walking with me to the desk clerk who gives Patrick a smile, "Patrick, it's so good to see you. I didn't know you would be here tonight otherwise I would have reserved a room for you."

Patrick shakes his head with a smile, "I'm here with my girlfriend tonight, my father reserved her a room. It should be under Avery Owens."

I watch the clerk scanning her computer and then she looks back at us with a smile, "Yes, I do have Avery booked. Let be get the swipe card for you two."

The clerk opens the cabinet behind her, looking for the swipe card and I turn to Patrick with a smile, "Of all the months we've been together, we haven't had a hotel room. It's kind of romantic, don't you think?"

"Mhm, very." He smirks at me, leaning down to place a kiss on my forehead, "You wanna join me for that shower when we get upstairs?"

I liked the idea, I know our relationship has an expiration date but I wanted to connect with Patrick on an intimate level for a while but everything happened with Alex and I've been more reserved. A shower doesn't necessarily mean we will sleep together, there's nothing wrong with that, right?

I nod my head, turning back to the clerk as she slides the swipe card across the desk and towards me, "Mr. Jensen was especially nice and reserved the master suite on the top floor for you."

"That was nice of him," I say to Patrick and he also looks impressed.

"Thank you, have a good evening," Patrick says to her before leading me towards the elevator. He presses the button and the doors open immediately, "After you, m'lady."

I giggle at his words, stepping into the elevator with Patrick following behind me. When the doors close, Patrick looks at me with a smile on his face. I feel guilty for stringing him along until his birthday and a part of me wishes that I could just be honest with him and tell him what happened before I met him, but Alex is certain that he would never forgive either of us.

"I still can't believe my dad offered you a suite here, let along the master suite."

The elevator doors open and Patrick knows exactly where he's going but when he stops at a door, I freeze in my steps. No way. Alex didn't actually do this.

Patrick takes the swipe card from me and opens the door, the same door that Alex led me in a few months ago. Son of a bitch. I know he did this on purpose because I would never be able to focus on Patrick after knowing what took place here a few months prior.