Part Twenty: Oh, Brother

Alex's lips connect with mine and his hands grasp both sides of my face, keeping me close. My hands reach up his chest cautiously, feeling my hands shaking as I unbutton his shirt one by one.

When his shirt pulls open, he steps back and watches me as he unzips his pants, never letting his expression get the better of him because I honestly have no idea what he's thinking right now.

"You have no idea how badly I've been wanting you," He breathes heavily, taking in my body before him and in one swift movement he lifts me to sit on the vanity, "You're okay with this?"

I raise my eyebrows. Okay with this? Meaning having sex with him in the bathroom while his family, including my boyfriend, are downstairs?

I know I want him, I know this isn't something I'm being pressured into but is the timing really the best right now? I stare at Alex, his abs catching my attention and causing me to blush.

Before I can respond there's a knock on the door and Patrick's voice follows, "Hey, babe. We're going to the pool, did you bring your swimsuit?"

My gaze doesn't leave Alex as I respond to Patrick from the opposite side of the door, "No... I didn't."

"Shit... Do you mind if I go ahead? Just for twenty minutes?"

"Go ahead, I uh... I'm still trying to get the wine out of my dress," I tell him, praying that he doesn't ask me to open the door or offer to help.

Patrick quickly responds, "Okay, come outside when you're done."

"I will."

I can hear Patrick rushing off, the sound of him running down the stairs becoming more distant. Alex surprises me when he takes my hand, "Come with me."

My eyes grow wide and I resist his tug, "I'm in my underwear..."

"Take your dress, everyone is outside now. Come on."

But what if someone stayed in? What if we walk into the hallway and Hilary or even Felicia is there? I do as Alex asks, picking my dress up from the floor and gripping his hand tightly as he opens the bathroom door.

No one is there, thankfully.

Alex pulls me to the door at the far end of the hallway, urging me inside. Once we're inside he closes the door and locks it, giving us privacy. It isn't until I look around that I realize we're in his bedroom.

The bed must be king sized because it's huge, the room is extremely tidy with a lounge chair in the corner of the room next to a long black dresser. There's a stand up mirror in another corner and I'm sure I see and ensuite bathroom.

I feel Alex's hands on my waist from behind, leaning down to kiss my neck and my thoughts are instantly interrupted, "The bathroom was an option but I think here would be a little more private?"

I turn to look at him, needing to lie my head just so my eyes can meet his. I just can't help it, I am so lost in Alex that ever rational thought leaves my mind and all I want is to see this moment through.

I lean up on my toes, reconnecting my lips with his and Alex begins to walk me backwards towards his bed. When my legs hit the edge of the bed, I fall back onto the soft mattress and Alex crawls on top of me.

I can smell his minty breath and when he leans into me, I lift my head up to be able to reach him sooner. Our lips move together in a sloppy, urgent manner and it's clear that we're finally letting out months of sexual tension.

Alex slides his arm around my back, allowing his hands to unhook my bra clasp, pulling it from my chest and tossing it on the floor with ease. In one swift motion he leans down, leaving kisses along one breast while caressing the other with his hand. I arch my back, letting out a soft moan as his hands explore my body.

As he works at my panties, I grab his hand to stop him. He looks at me, dreading that I will tell him to stop but instead I greet him with a small smirk, "My turn."

A fire ignites in his eyes and his lips stretch into a big smirk, matching mine. I push him off of me and he rolls onto his back, looking up at me in amusement as he rests his hands behind his head, "You are so fucking s--"

There's three knocks on the door and someone attempts to open the door, but realizes it's locked.

"Who is it?" Alex calls out.

Felicia responds, "It's me. Can we talk?"

Alex sighs, looking at me and pinching the bridge of his nose. He whispers quietly, "Go in the closet. I'll make this quick."

I nod my head, sliding off of the bed and grabbing my dress as I head towards the walk-in closet. I slip inside and close the door behind me.

A moment passes and I can't see what's happening but I hear Alex open the door, "What? I was chatting with my client. You're lucky the call was nearing the end."

"I was thinking... The kids are swimming, we have the house to ourselves."

I know exactly where she's going with this and I'm sure Alex does also, "It isn't happening, Felicia. You and I ended things a long time ago, there's nothing to reignite."

"I made a mistake," She says to him. I can practically hear the tension in the room and I feel uncomfortable being here, "Your brother--"

"Listen, I don't want to talk about him. You toyed with both of us for years and I was stupid for going being his back for you in high school," Alex chuckles with an annoyed tone, "I lost my brother for you and you just fucked him behind my back years later? No, I may have deserved it but that doesn't mean I need to forgive anyone."

Oh my god. It was Felicia.

I remember Alex saying how he haven't talked to his brother in years after a situation happened similar to what's happening with us and Patrick, but it never clicked that it was Patrick's mom that he went behind his brother's back with.

I was learning more about Alex in this unintentional sticky situation that we were forced into. I wonder if he felt uncomfortable having this conversation with me in here.

"You upset me," Was Felicia's defence and when Alex laughs, she continues, "Alex, I know you haven't found anyone since me. You don't date, you haven't since we broke up."

"Because I don't trust women anymore, thanks to you." He remarks.

Then what is this? What's going on between Alex and I? If he doesn't trust me then why would he risk the relationship with his son to get in my pants? If he doesn't trust me, then what's the point?

I suddenly have a different perspective on this thing with Alex, I'm throwing away a really nice guy for someone who has a vendetta against women and after all is said and done, word could get out and tarnish my reputation in the city.