Prologue

The first thing she remembers is the smell of smoke.

The noise of the police cars and ambulances were drowned out by her heart beating in her ears.

Her home. Her family. Gone.

Who would do such a thing?

She felt numb. No tears fell. She stood still in the dirt, surrounded by the smell of smoke and the chatter of policemen.

Did anyone survive? She though.

Her eyes moved around the scene quickly trying to identify anyone.

A gurney carrying someone in it passed by her.

Peter. Her brother.

She felt herself calm down a bit before she saw the body bags being laid out.

Talia. Her big sister. She looked up to her. Gone.

"Florence?" She hard a young voice ask not too far from her.

The brunette woman turned her head and saw her niece and nephew standing a few feet away from her. Derek and Laura.

Both had tears in their eyes. Laura looking at her, Derek staring at the remains of the home he grew up in.

Florence ran over to them and held them both close, shielding their view of the scene in front of them.

"Shh it's gonna be okay." She said attempting to console the two teenagers, but also trying to console herself.

How is she supposed to raise two teenagers by herself?

Within the next 2 weeks, the remainder of the Hale family, excluding Peter, packed up and left Beacon Hills, not looking back.

But that was 6 years ago, and now Florence Hale is back in Beacon Hills.