Chapter 7

"So you're telling me, there is a giant lizard running around this town and it is paralyzing and killing people?" Florence asked Scott and Stiles as they stood in her classroom

"Yeah, he killed a hunter, a mechanic and probably Mr. Lahey." Scott explained. "Do you have any idea what this could be?"

"It sounds familiar, let me see if I can find my family's old book. I'll let you guys know."

"The beastiary?" Stiles asked excitedly, hoping she would at least understand the word.

"Yes, the beastiary, Stiles. It should be in the old Hale house somewhere, I'll see if I can find it anywhere." She said laughing at the excitement that lit up the short haired boy's face when she agreed with him. "Have you guys told Derek about any of this?"

Both boys remained silent for a minute before Scott spoke up

"No. I kind of fought him. So we aren't really working together on this anymore."

Florence nodded. "He's stubborn, but if he truly cares about his pack, he will come around. I'll help as much as I can, don't worry boys."

God this just wasn't her day.

How did she know he would come back and try to taunt her?

Gerard Argent stood in her classroom again.

"Ms. Hale, it seems that my son feels we shouldn't worry about you. I disagree." He says staring at the woman.

"Well, I have no issues with your son, it's you I have issues with."

"It's been 18 years, you haven't let that go yet?" He asked, knowing the answer. Gerard wanted a reaction out of her.

"You ruined my life Gerard. You are a horrible man and a horrible father. The reason Kate died is because she was just like you, a sociopath with no consideration for anyone but yourself " Florence said angrily, with as much hatred as she could put in her voice

"Now, that's some harsh words you are saying to your boss. I could easily fire you for that."

"Go ahead. Let's see who the school board will side with once I tell them what happened 18 years ago and why I have a hatred for you." She said smirking, knowing she has the upper hand

Gerard huffed but kept a stern face on. He knew he couldn't say anything because if word got out about what had happened, his family would be ruined, and his son would probably try to kill him.

Stiles and Scott explained their plan to Florence once they got Allison on board.

"So you are going to try and get the Argent Beastiary too?" She asked