Chapter 29

Things in the Hale/Argent house (yes it is back to being called that) has changed. Florence is not mad at Chris anymore, but the two are not back together.

As much as Florence wants to be back with Chris, lay with him at night and just be with him in general.. she's scared.

He left her. She understands that grief took over, and the circumstances were not great, but she can't forgive him yet.

So the house is filled with sexual tension, more than usual. Florence and Chris are acting like friends and just ignoring the tension.

It's the night after the ex-couple spoke, and Chris is ready to leave.

"I'm working with Scott and Derek on shutting down the benefactor." He explains. Florence sits in the kitchen, and nods.

"We're probably going to be fighting people who have the Deadpool."

Florence nods again.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I would like you to be careful in whatever you choose to do."

She sits there a moment, weighing her options.

Chris watches her intensely, trying to gauge what her decision may be. After about a minute or two, Florence still has not gotten up. "Are you staying?" He asks

She nods. "I am. I don't think I will be much help with this balloon sticking out of me." She says referencing her belly, which seems to have gotten bigger overnight.

He lets out a sigh of relief, trying not to show how thankful he is that she is staying away. "Please call me if anything happens."

Florence smiles, feeling her chest get all warm and fuzzy. "I will. Now go, kick some bad guy asses and get rid of the Deadpool"

He gives her a kiss on the cheek, a friendly one, nothing more, and exits the household.

Right as he exits, Florence's phone rings. He stops, turning around and waiting for her to answer. In his mind, he is begging and pleading that it is not someone he's meeting with.

"Lydia? What's up?" She asks. Chris lets out another relieved sigh. Before he knows it, she hangs up the phone. "Lydia needs me at the station. They found the benefactor. It's Meredith"