Chapter 6- If You Touch Me You have To Pay The Prize

"Knock knock," came a soft voice from outside the door.

"Hmm," Aria replied, turning her attention to the door.

"Miss, it's Charlotte. I brought you a meal," said Charlotte, a dedicated maid, as she entered the room holding a tray of food.

"Move!"

Before Aria could react, Vera pushed Charlotte out of the way, her expression filled with anger and annoyance.

"Aria watched Charlotte's expression change when she was pushed away violently, but her anger soon subsided.

Their eyes met, and Aria saw something that caught her attention. There was a flicker of recognition, as if she had seen Charlotte before.

"......?"

Aria wondered what it could be but Vera's shouting interrupted her thoughts.

"Go to the Duke right now and beg him to forgive the young Lord, Miss!"

Aria ignored Vera's presence, preferring to speak with Charlotte in solitude.

"You said you brought me a meal, right?"

"Here you go, Miss," Charlotte replied, handing her a plate of food.

Before Aria could ask any questions or start any kind of conversation, Vera interrupted their moment.

"Are you ignoring me right now!?"

Vera was angry, irritated, and wanting Aria to tremble before her in fear.

But Aria seemed unfazed by her tone and expression, her eyes focused on Charlotte.

'Aria's gaze fell on Vera, her expression full of contempt and irritation as she stared at her.

"Did she eat something wrong? Otherwise, how could the wall get bigger in a day?"

Vera's thoughts were filled with uncertainty, but she chose to ignore her own doubts.

"If the nanny speaks, you should answer!"

Vera shouted again, full of anger and pride.

Aria looked at Vera, as she took in her screaming, loud tones.

"Nanny, you're really noisy. Can you be quiet just once?"

"W-what Did you say?!"

"I said your so noisy so be quite"

"Y-you how dare you to said to this nanny"

'Really noisy....'

"You've been saying weird things since before, too. Nanny. What am I supposed to ask forgiveness for?"

Vera was furious, her face red with anger.

"Of course to take young Lord Lorenzo out of probation."

Aria looked back at Vera, her expression cold and unmoving.

"You are enjoying this luxury with the grace of the Duke. How can you let the young master, the heir to such a family, be misunderstood?"

Vera's words were filled with accusation, but Aria didn't seem to be phased by her tone.

'enjoying Luxary huh'

"I'm the one who was almost burned to death. Nanny"

'Vera...I used to try to get along with you and think of you as my mother. I was a fool.'

Aria thought about her relationship with Vera, and how she used to look up to her as a mother figure.

She felt like a fool for believing Vera would care about her like she did about Lorenzo and Lilian.