Chapter 22 - Lariette Atlante

"Lady Aria, are you alright?" Dana asked, with a concerned look on her face.

Aria's face had returned to normal, and she nodded in reply.

"The Duke's lover? Truly? The powerful mage?... Lariette Atlante?" Aria asked with slight hesitation, still trying to process the news.

"Well, that's true," Lucy replied to Dana's question, and looked at Aria with an amused expression...

//

Lariette Atlante.

The Marquis' youngest daughter, Is the most beautiful flower in the Eldyme Empire, and even the previous Crown Prince once had hopes of marrying her.

"At the age of seven, Lariette was then engaged to the first prince, the future Emperor and leader of the whole Eldyme Empire, and a life of happiness, wealth, power, and influence seemed to await her.

And her parents, the Marquis and the Marquise, were also extremely happy about the engagement, and eagerly prepared their daughter for her future...

Lariette took the exam before the official announcement of her engagement, and successfully entered an elite academy where only geniuses could enter and become part of.

After graduating from the academy, the elite then took an exclusive exam, from which their rank and positions would then be determined, and the final rank would ultimately be decided based on their achievements and magical powers...

Lariette Atlante, the young and smart daughter of the Marquis, successfully graduated from the elite academy as the top ranker, having passed the difficult exam and obtained a high score. 

After graduating early and taking the exam to become an archmage, she surprisingly passed the exam at the age of 18, and became a powerful archmage, all while still being the future bride of the Crown Prince.

The young, talented daughter of the Marquis, Lariette Atlante, was loved by the whole kingdom after she joined the war effort of Eldyme in order to defeat another Kingdom.

Thanks to her powerful magic and the help of the Valentine magic defense, they were all able to survive the war unscathed.

But after the war, the lovely as lariette turn 18 she suddenly decided to disappear without a single trace, right before the official engagement was announced to the entire kingdom, leaving behind the memories of her beauty, intelligence, and powerful magic. And also...being the future empress

Of course the emperor got mad at the lady and desperate to find the lady lariette the missing lady.

After two long-years, Lady Lariette, the famous, young, and intelligent daughter of the Marquis, mysteriously returned to the Imperial Palace, and declared her desire to break off her engagement to the Crown Prince.

Because of this, Lady Lariette lost not only her reputation as the archmage of the Eledyme Empire, but also her position of Crown Princess, as the emperor and court grew angry at her for breaking her vows and rejecting the Crown Prince...,

Even after losing her position and title, the people of Eldyme still loved and respected Lady Lariette, as they knew that she was simply following her heart's desire, even if the emperor did not approve of her decision...

///

"Can't you believe the powerful mage fell in love with that devil duke?!"

"They said, Lariette Atlante was kind and pure, which is why all of the men crushed on her, and every noble family approached her in order to make her their son's wife. She was a powerful mage that no one could ever compare to the powers of water, fire, air, or earth magic."