Chapter 21 - Believe Me, Please

The first meeting between Lariette and Noah...it's just...

"Are you the Duke of Valentine?" Lariette asked, looking down on Noah.

"Then what do you think of me?" Noah then replied with a cold look, as he looked back up at Lariette.

"Ghost?" Lariette asked, confused, as Noah replied with a look of anger. "What the...do I look like a f*ck*ng ghost to you?"

The meeting between Lariette and Noah certainly doesn't seem that romantic, at least not for him...

***
In the second floor of the Valentine Mansion, Dana and Henry ponder together, while Aria says, "Hm. Starting today I'll be work here?"

"Haha. You're an seven-year-old vassal, what should you be doing in a situation like this?" Dana asks, to which Henry replies, "The duke is really funny haha. . . "

It seems that Henry and Dana are having a fun time together, as they talk about Noah, the Duke of Valentine and their master, while they both work in the household...

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, catching Dana and Henry's attention.

"Butler Henry, there is someone looking for you," the maid said.

"Okay," Henry replied, as he and Dana went out to the lobby to see who was there...

"Who are you?" Henry asked, as they approached the visitor.

"I'm here to deliver a message from Duke Agnes," the visitor replied.

At the mention of "Agnes," Henry's eyebrows seem to twitch slightly in thought, as he says, "It's probably about compensation."

"Tell his grace that we receive his letter," he says, to the visitor.

Then, Henry hears light footsteps coming from upstairs, and sees a figure appearing, that of Aria...

"Henry, Dana..." a soft and lifeless voice speaks, that belongs to Aria...

"I have something to tell you"

Henry and Dana both look up at Aria, as she stands before them with something to say to them...

Aria took a quick glance at the letter that Henry was holding, and confirmed, “It seems that the message came from Agnes, to coordinate the compensation for the incident.”

“Yes, he wants to discuss it tomorrow morning, in the Majesty’s presence,” Aria replied.

'As expected of him, the letter has a date now,' she thought to herself, as she felt the tension rising slightly...

"Aria then said to Henry and Dana, "I wanted to reveal something important that you need to know."

Hearing Aria's reply to being called "a lady," Dana and Henry both looked surprised.

"I'm not a lady... I'm a commoner," Aria explained, as she continued, "I'm from the rural orphanage, and I was adopted by the duke. As a substitute for the real princess of Agnes."

As they both looked at Aria in a stunned silence, not sure what to think...

Aria then continued to express her feelings to Henry and Dana; "I accepted that you disgust me, because I am a commoner who doesn't have the blood of nobility. As a commoner, I am the one who should respect you both, while you two should be respected because you are nobel.

"You should not pity me just because I'm a commoner.."

Dana's eyes widened as she heard Aria's words, as she felt pained by her words and tone.