Chapter 26 - The Empress Secret

Aria, having died in her fifth life...

Stood up, from the sofa, and started walking upstairs, to the second floor guest room, with its familiar expression on her face...

Click...

She entered her room, as she rolled her eyes, and closed the door, after she walked inside...

"I feel this night that there will be an assassin, who wants to kill me again..."

Those words echoed, inside of Aria's head...

"I want to be an adult... I wanted to celebrate my 18th birthday, one day..."

That was her dream... A peaceful, comfortable, and quiet life, without anyone else influencing her...

"I just wanted... To live in peace... And to die... Peacefully..."

That was what Aria wanted...

"But, can I die? If I die in this life, will I go back again?"

Aria raised her head, and slowly closed her eyes, while questioning the idea of dying...

"If I cannot die... Then, I will find a way to die... I'll make them suffer... Like in my previous life... I'll make them suffer..."

Aria wanted revenge, no matter what it took...

///

Diego received a letter, confirming the failure...

"Bull sh*t..."

When he realized, that they couldn't kill the seven-year-old, he was furious.

"How dare they fail! How could they not, kill that little brat! Damn it!..."

Diego was furious, when he realized, that the assassin failed his mission...

"How could they fail?! It's so easy to kill a child... How could they allow this to happen?!"

He thought, that maybe Aria had a knight, to protect her... Because she knows a magic, that can make it difficult to kill her.

"Oh, right! That Valentine knows magic, and a good knight will be able to stop the assassin! That damn Valentine..."

But there was an even more important issue.

'Why did they help Aria! What just their thinking?! '

"...I'l have to go check it out today to see what they're thinking."

///Imperial Palace Reception Room///

Inside of the Imperial Palace, was a large, spacious, reception room...

There, sat at the top of the table was Emperor "Liam Rozen De Eldymme," with his blond hair, that looked like the sun, and with his navy blue eyes...

To the right of him, was Henry Ford, while to his left was Diego Agnes.

The four of them were staring at each other, as a tense moment was had, as nobody spoke...

Inside of the throne room, stood the Emperor's wife, Olivia Leicel...

With red hair, and dark green eyes... A symbol, of the Leicel family...

Diego had visited the Imperial Palace again, on the same day, that he had found the cure, for magic reflux disease...

They were all gathered at the top of the table, as they all had important things, that they needed to discuss together.

""Your Majesty... There's been a problem, with the Duke of Valentine, in our battle at his territory."