THREE

Jazmine's POV

"Ice" I heard Taj call out and I followed the sound to the image of him.

My gaze began observing his body language which confessed the weight of whatever he was about to throw towards my listening ears, and without hesitation, my mind began formulating a set of instructions to offer.

"Spain bring them up and get them settled" I ordered and he nodded walking off with Michael, Terrell, and Dice as I moved over to Taj.

"What's up?" I asked curiously as I squinted my eyes in hopes of protecting my sensitive orbs from the blinding glare that fell from the sun.

"Another body was found, the same Vipers gang shit, but this one is in your neighbourhood and it was a drive-by close to your crib so the cops are swarming. I recommend you staying somewhere else in the meantime" He communicated and I frowned in response.

It wasn't that I was doing anything illegal, I just didn't really feel comfortable or safe driving around my neighbourhood when it is flooded with cops, or engulfed in crime that held no caution when it came to innocent lives.

"Alright thanks for the heads up" I replied releasing a sigh shortly after, and he nodded silently dismissing himself.

I stood there watching as he walked away while trying my best to suppress my increasing frustration.

Thoughts ran through my mind and I ignored them all as I turned back to the building deciding to assist Spain and Dice, but my intention was immediately trampled by my gazing eyes as I caught the figure of a familiar face walking out.

The sight left me to battle with the idea of approaching her or not, but before my anxiety and doubt could offer demeaning protests my conscience quickly submitted that the universe was sending me a sign.

"Stalking me?" I asked, deciding that it was the best way to capture her occupied attention, and my decision was validated when her head turned in my direction leaving me to throw silent praises at my quick mind.

"Nice to see you again Jazmine" She replied smiling as I began my journey towards her.

"Is this where you're staying?" I asked while motioning to the building behind us with a slight head tilt.

"No, home visit" She replied, gesturing to the bag in her hand.

"So you're a doctor?" I asked but my tone forced it to mirror the likeness of a statement.

"Yes I am,"

"And you do home visits?" I questioned smiling while trying my best to convey the fact that I was flirting, and she released a small snicker leaving me to wonder if my body language had revealed my intent.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing, I'm happy you caught on" I replied laughing slightly.

"I'm not really looking for a relationship right now" She confessed, going straight to the point.

"And why not?"

"I have too much on my plate"

"Okay friends then?" I asked amused.

"Really?" She inquired, clearly not believing me.

"Yes really," I answered even though I really didn't plan on settling on friendship with her and she nodded as her own expression began to display disbelief and utter amusement.

"Why don't you give me your number so we can meet up and talk about how much you don't want a relationship, as friends" I offered and she smiled looking at the floor for a split second before motioning for me to follow her as she walked towards her car.

"I'm straight by the way" She announced clearly lying as she opened the driver's door.

"Really?" I questioned as she bent over unknowingly giving me a perfect view of her ass, and her actions only served as fuel for my womanhood to scold me for allowing my gaze to linger.

"Yeah,"

"Yet you're giving me your number even though you know that I'm obviously attracted to you," I pointed out as she stood up holding out her card and I took it looking at the name displayed before me.

"Brittany Davis" I recited before moving my gaze up to catch her small grin.

"I'll see you around" She stated turning to her car.

"I'm looking forward to it"

"Friendly" She reminded me playfully and I chuckled as she got in her car.

"Friendly" I repeated as she drove.

-

I continued to fix my suit as I gazed into the mirror with appreciation for my attire, from my beautifully melanated umber skin to my shoulder-length locs that were styled in a high ponytail on top of my head leaving my mid-fade to be seen.

I had planned this meeting with my accountant two days ago since I was looking to purchase a hospital at the request of my brother, which I had to leave for in less than ten minutes. It was-

RING

I lifted the noisy device, deciding to answer after seeing the displayed caller ID.

"Sarah" I greeted as I began walking out of the house.

"Hey, can I use your club on Crescent?"

"For what?"

"My friend Samantha the one you met at the cookout, she wants to keep a party for her boyfriend"

"Yeah, just send me the details," I told her, ending the call.

-