SEVEN

Jazmine's POV

The door opened, removing the barrier that once suppressed the echoes of the crying child, and the action left the sound to invade my ears at a greater intensity as the woman who I assumed to be Terrell's girlfriend stood before me.

"Good morning, is Terrell here?" I questioned as her eyes settled on me.

"No, he's on his morning jog" She replied and I checked my watch not really wanting to leave without seeing him.

"Do you mind if I wait here until he comes back?"

"No, come in." She replied, stepping aside.

"Thank you," I stated as I moved inside doing a quick scan of the area.

"Is he in trouble?" She asked, voicing her thoughts aloud as she closed the front door, and I released a small chuckle since her question brought me nothing but amusement.

"No, he's not," I replied as I placed the duffle bag I was currently carrying on the floor.

"May I?" I asked, referring to the couch and she nodded allowing me to sit.

"Is the baby okay?" I questioned acknowledging the sound of his cries.

"He's been crying all day, I'm sorry about the noise it's jus-"

"That's okay," I replied, gazing at the child in the high chair a few steps away.

"Do you mind if I-"

"No go ahead," She interrupted eagerly as stress and frustration continued to drown her features, and I smiled standing up once more before moving over to him.

"Did you feed him?"

"A half an hour ago after his bath," She informed me softly as I lifted him into my arms.

"He's just cranky, I'll keep him while you finish making breakfast," I announced having enough experience with kids after taking care of the two boys my sister had for years.

"Thank you" She responded in an appreciative tone before moving into the kitchen.

"No problem," I assured her as I stepped into the living room rocking him side to side in a nulling motion.

I always wanted to have kids of my own but the part of me that feared starting a family with the wrong person continuously restricted the action, especially since I knew how bad it could get after watching Spain struggle with the mother of his child every fucking day.

"Shh, you're safe," I affirmed over him repeatedly in a comforting tone, and after a few minutes he had calmed down enough to fall recklessly into a deep slumber.

I watched as she walked over to me with a grateful look on her face and I smiled, handing him to her slowly out of fear of waking him.

The door opened suddenly and I directed my gaze to it looking at an incoming Terrell as she walked off.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked frowning as he closed the door and I motioned for him to take a seat beside me as I sat down.

"Spain told me you picked a university" I confessed and he smiled happily.

"Yeah, I did," He replied as his girlfriend returned to the kitchen.

"This is for you," I said, pushing the duffle bag towards him and he frowned, opening it hesitantly.

I stared at him as he removed a few of the clothes I had bought with a grateful smile.

"If you want anything else just let me know and I'll provide the funds so you can go get them" I promised.

"Thank you" He replied, his voice filled with emotions.

"No problem," I responded as his girlfriend walked over to us, handing him a plate of food along with a glass of orange juice.

"Do you want anything Jazmine?"

"No I'm fine, I didn't get your name," I said and she released a small laugh.

"Kira," She informed me before walking off.

"Does your son have everything he needs?" I asked Terrell.

"You've already done so much, I coul-"

"Just make a list of everything you need, for the baby, the household, and you both and send it to me, I'll have it taken care of," I stated as my phone buzzed and I removed the object from my pocket directing my gaze to it to see a message from Brittany

"Thanks,"

"No problem and we're family," I told him slightly as I began reading over the text she sent, and I couldn't help the smile that greeted my face.

"You don't mind if I come with you when you're buying the stuff right?" He asked hopefully.

"I was going to have someone buy it" I replied and he nodded in disappointment.

"But I'm going to get some new shoes Saturday, you can come and replace those J's you wearing," I said smiling and my words earned a small chuckle from him as I looked at the condition of his shoes.

"I appreciate it"

-