TWELVE

Jazmine's POV

My mind began its reckless descent into the memories centred around my date with Brittany the other night, and I allowed it, needing a change from my usual stressful state as I continued my long-awaited drive home.

I had been locked away in rooms with situations that peeled back the barriers of my sanity all day, and the reality had me praising these few seconds of complete silence with great gratitude.

RING

A sigh travelled from my lungs into the atmosphere as I lifted the device off the passenger seat next to me before doing a quick glance at the screen.

Brittany

A small grin appeared on my face as I answered the device, immediately resting it against my ear.

"Hey, what's up?" I questioned as I tried my best to suppress the sense of glee in my voice since my actions were starting to mirror one of a lovesick teenager.

"Hey, do you want to come over?" She asked immediately, and I couldn't help the sense of surprise that her question pulled into me since I was usually the one requesting her presence.

"Now?" I inquired as I glanced at the time display on the dashboard.

11:06 P.M.

"Yeah," She confirmed, and her response placed a wave of confusion to sit next to my already present surprise.

"What?" I asked, wondering if she had noticed the time.

"Do you want-"

"No, I heard that it's just" I started but stopped as I searched through my mind for the most respectful way to place my thoughts into words.

"It's just what?" She asked with a hint of curiosity in her tone.

"Do you see the time?"

"Yes, I see the time are you busy?" She questioned, and I pushed the thoughts of anything sexual away as I labelled her request to see me as just that, to see me.

"No, I'm not,"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be there" I agreed and she replied with a small okay before ending the call.

-

The sound of ringing continued in my ear as the cool night's breeze caressed my skin with such gentleness that a tingle sprinted down the length of my spine.

I paused my steps up her driveway as I began awaiting her answer to the call since she had instructed me to do so instead of knocking out of fear of waking her daughter, which-

"Jazmine," She greeted the second the call had connected, and I released a smile onto my lips as I resumed my steady strides towards the entrance of her house.

"Hey, Uhm, I'm outside,"

"Okay, I'm coming," She stated before ending the call, and I quickly returned the device to my pocket as I began awaiting her presence.

The thought of tonight being more than our usual conversation had spilt against the corners of my mind numerous times on the drive over here, but my ocean of logic had me releasing my assumptive state out of pure respect for her.

Soon the door opened and I stood there watching as she stepped into my line of sight, leaving her vessel to be viewed with lingering adoration.

"I expected you to be late," She teased, and I left a breathy laugh to escape me as the silk robe she was dressed in began pulling the sexual thoughts into my mind once more.