SIX

Jazmine's POV

'If you close your eyes then you will learn through accidents,' this very statement had me glued to my seat at the other end of the club, as I watched her push through the crowd going upstairs to the private lounge I had directed one of my servers to lead her to.

Now that she was here I had to wait for another ten minutes to pass before going up, call me paranoid if you wish but you can't really let your guard down in a society that would kill you over a piece of jewellery.

If you close your eyes then you will learn through accidents.

The music continued to boom throughout the space as I scanned the area looking for any strange changes while having an internal battle with myself since a part of me already trusted her, and that's the part of me that scared me since I barely knew her, but there was just something about her energy that pulled in like a riptide.

Tick Tock

If you close your eyes then you will learn through accidents.

Tick Tock

If you close your eyes then you will learn through accidents.

Tick Tock

I took a deep breath while watching as she appeared at the head of the stairs, her body language and expression letting me know she was about to leave.

I looked at the bottle of Hennesy I had ordered earlier, picking it up while checking my watch in the same motion realising that six minutes had passed since she arrived, and I couldn't help the wave of amusement that washed over me at her lack of patience.

I stood stepping off the platform as I began pushing my way through the crowd with the intention of preventing her from leaving the building.

Tick Tock

Sweaty and heated bodies brushed against mine as the loud music pressed against my eardrums asking my heartbeat to mirror its tempo, while the colourful streams of light begged my body to dance along to its movements.

Tick Tock

"Where are you going?" I questioned watching as her gaze moved to me and she offered nothing but silence in response to my words.

"I was getting something for us to drink," I offered as an explanation, lifting the bottle of liquor in my hand.

Once again I was greeted by nothing but silence as she turned going back upstairs leaving me to trail behind.

The intensity of the music began to decrease as we moved over to the couch a few steps away from the entrance to the stairs.

"Are you upset?" I questioned as she sat down.

"I take time very seriously." She announced as I sat next to her.

"So do I," I replied, turning to face her as I placed the bottle of Hennesy on the table before us.

"And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be late," I expressed shortly after as I discreetly allowed my eyes to run over her.

"It's okay," She responded even though her expression exposed the opposite, and I smiled taking another glance at the dress she was clothed in that could have me on my knees if she even dared to ask.

"You look amazing by the way" I complimented and she frowned, my words not gaining the reaction I hoped they would.

"Thank you," She replied as if not believing me.

"So how was your day?" I asked changing the subject, realizing that my statement of admiration made her uncomfortable for a reason that was unknown to me.