SEVENTEEN

B R I T T A N Y

"Another one," I stated, gazing down at the clipboard in my hand which held the patient's information.

"Age?" Renae questioned as I released a frustrated sigh.

"Seventeen," I answered, hating the rapid increase in rape victims this year that seemed to have no intentions of slowing down.

"Let me see," She instructed and I quickly handed her the clipboard while fighting the worry that had arrived in me for the safety of my own daughter, since these cases didn't really seem to have an age requirement. "And I have to work with Doctor Danvers for the extra shifts,"

Her irritation and lack of enthusiasm had my curiosity awakening with questions to ask.

"What's wrong with him?"

"We had a rape victim last night and he asked her what was she wearing," Renae replied slightly distracted as disgust entered her voice.

"Did you report him?" I inquired hoping she did since he—

"As usual it's pending," She informed me, returning the clipboard to me.

"I'm working extra shifts tonight so just have them transfer you over to me,"

"Did you get a babysitter for Aria?" She asked curiously as we began to move down the busy hallway of the hospital.

"No, Andre has been begging all week to have her today, so I'm allowing it," I replied, finding it convenient since I've been wanting to pick up a few extra hours this week.

"Did you get a babysitter for Andre?" She asked, making me smile.

"Can we talk about work please?"

"I'm just saying,"

-

J A Z M I N E

The sun melted into my beautifully melanated skin as my orbs drifted down to the face of my wristwatch allowing me to check the time that was currently being displayed.

5:28 P.M

"Do you have somewhere to be?" Spain questioned beside me as I opened my car door.

"I have to sort out some contracts,"

"The same ones we were discussing last week?"

"Yeah," I replied as footsteps sounded, leaving me to direct my attention to the source.

"They only had one Cheetos," Taj announced as he outstretched the paper bag towards me and I sighed, taking it into my hand.

"Thanks, Imma catch you both tomorrow," I expressed moving into my car while earning replies from them both.

RING!

RING!

A small frown drowned my face as I placed the paper bag on the backseat before attending to the noisy device that shouted from my pocket.

"Britt?" I greeted in the same instant that I began to close the door.

"Hey, are you busy?" She asked, leaving my slight frown to deepen since her tone held nothing but worry.

"No, what's up?" I questioned, eager to know the source of her current state.

"Can you do me a favour?" She asked hopefully.

"Yeah, are you okay baby?"

"Can you pick up Aria from school?" She inquired as I started my car.

"Ye—"