FOUR

Jazmine's POV

'If you close your eyes then you will learn through accidents,' the words sat in my mind increasing the paranoia life had forced onto me. The reality was because of my very skin no matter what my financial status was, I would always be in a constant state of surviving and not living.

"Dragos were on our block last night" Spain announced as I continued to drive us to our destination and I frowned at his confession.

"How many of them?"

"About six or seven, they were on Cresent" He informed me and I sighed not liking the reality since my sister was going to be there tomorrow, and since they were in war with the Vipers over some dumb shit their presence came with violence.

"Now Antonio knows better than that" I responded, referring to their Don.

"Seems he forgot" Spain uttered, the very emotions in his voice clueing me into his hidden thoughts.

"We are not going to do anything stupid," I informed him and he remained silent not offering a single word.

"Spain"

"I'm hearing you Jaz" He replied and I nodded, taking his word for it.

The last thing I wanted was to lose him to something stupid.

"Where are we going?" He asked, interrupting the silence that had just begun settling around us.

"We're going to get Taj, remember we're opening a gym on King's Way,"

"Almost forgot about that" He responded as I turned left to continue my route.

"Did you send the money to Matt's family?" I asked, referring to one of the guys who had worked in the construction company we owned before the inevitable situation that led to his soul leaving his vessel.

Peace and blessings kinfolk.

"Yeah, I also took care of the funeral expenses"

"Invite Antonio to the Club opening tonight, and handle it," I told him, slowing down while watching as their eyes began to follow the car.

It was almost fascinating how trauma forced a soul to view the world differently.

I sent down the window watching as they all began to scatter, and the sight only served to drag a laugh from Spain and me as we pulled over leaving them to realise who it was.

"You motherfuckers" Taj called out smiling as he began to walk over to the car and I opened the door to place my feet on the sidewalk.

"You pulling up to the club later?" Taj asked while handing me a cheque for Spain and I's share of the profit that our club made this month.

Taj was one of the many people Spain and I had trusted to run one of our businesses without our constant supervision.

"No, I got something to do tonight" I replied referring to my well-anticipated 'friendly' date with Brittany.

"This better be seventy percent Taj," I announced putting it away and he chuckled.

"You know I ain't stupid to fuck with you like that," He defended.

"Get in Taj, you're coming with us" I informed him as I returned my feet to the car before closing the door.

"Yo Ice," One of them called out as I started the vehicle and I glanced over to the approaching figure that was awaiting words.

"What's up?" I asked and he looked around before bending to allow us to be at eye level.

"My daughter is starting university, and I was wondering if you could loan me a little over two hundred thousand so I could pay for her medical degree," He expressed.