ELEVEN

Jazmine's POV

"You can pour yourself a glass," I called out from the kitchen as I grabbed the plates off the counter.

"Should I pour you one too?" She questioned curiously as I began returning to her.

"Are you sure?" She asked as I stepped onto the balcony allowing my gaze to grace her.

"Uhm, pour me a glass," I settled, not being able to shake the feeling of unspoken words between us, as I placed the plates of food on the table before the small couch that she was currently seated on.

"Your place is beautiful" She complimented and I said a small thank you as I sat down beside her.

"How is Aria?" I asked, referring to her daughter as I lifted my glass.

"She's okay, starting school soon" She responded, directing her eyes towards me.

"That's amazing" I announced as she took a small sip of her wine.

"Her birthday is three months away too,"

"She's going to be four right?"

"Yeah, she is," She replied and I nodded slightly as our conversation came to an end, and the lack of words only allowed a crippling sense of awkward and uncomfortable silence to stand between us.

"Can I guess?" I asked, hating the uneasy feeling around us.

"Guess what?" She questioned with a hint of confusion in her gaze.

"What happened" I explained as I returned my glass of wine to the table.

"Go ahead Jaz" She instructed amused, and I smiled loving her use of the nickname despite the looming feeling that washed our exchange.

"Did I do something wrong?" I questioned crossing out the first guess.

"No" She replied as she turned to face me completely.

"So that means it's something with you?" I asked, and she sighed, releasing a slight nod as she directed her gaze to the glass that resided in her hand.

"Work?"

"No"

"So what is it?" I questioned as she returned her eyes to me, and I leaned back against the couch trying my best to read her.

"It's," She started but stopped as she released another sigh allowing my frown to deepen.

"It's what?" I questioned, eager to know, and silence fell between us once more as she shifted on the couch.

My eyes swarmed her in appreciation from the sweat suit she wore to her natural hair that was placed in a puff on top of her head, and the moonlight only left her to look dream-like as I tried-

"It's you" She announced softly, cutting off my ongoing thoughts.

"So I did something?" I asked, thinking back as I tried my best to figure out what exactly I had done wrong.

"You're doing everything right" She confessed, leaving realisation to stand in my mind.

"And that scares you?" I asked but it sounded more like a statement, nonetheless, she still gave a slight nod to confirm my words.

"What's your fear when it comes to us?" I questioned softly as emotions seeped through the entrance of her eyes offering me a brief glance at her unguarded heart.

"That you'll hurt me, lie, cheat, change," She uttered and my frown deepened with each painfully expressed word since I could tell each one held a memory.